Engel MRO40 fridge any good?

rc51kid

Adventurer
I really lile the look of the Engel MRO40F marine fridge. The size is right for me and i like the side open lide. I know Engel is generally good quality. The MRO40 is the only fridge in their line up that looks like it does. How does this one stack up to the other Engels or products like ARB and Dometic?

highdesertranger

Adventurer
I have 3 of them. for me they work great. what do you need to know? I use one for drinks, one for food, and one as a freezer. highdesertranger

Questor

Huge member
I've had one for about six years and it's great. Very efficient. I can run mine off a Goal Zero 400 and a 50 Watt solar panel indefinitely.
Q~

Redman333

Adventurer
I've had mine for about three years now. Works great. I'm at the beach a lot so that's why I chose this one. I got a wireless temp sensor for mine also. Makes it much easier to see what temp is at. My temp settings don't change much so it's not a big deal but if I need to get the fridge cold quick it's kind of nice to have so that you can put the dial on full cold them once it's at your desired temp go and turn it back down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Flhtruss

Observer
Ours has been good, very easy on power, keeps everything cool on a low setting. Much larger than I thought also got their foot mount, did have to add straps as it would pop loose on rough dirt roads. I'd buy again.
Russ

ArkansasDon

Observer
I own one, like the Engel Eclipse. I gave my Engel MT27F to my son. I like the fact of the MR040 being basic, just turn the dial to the setting you want w\o all the bells & whistles like my MT27 did. Sometimes less is best. We found a thermometer that clips to the basket.
37142647_1746681008714099_2136989518182481920_n.jpg
010.JPG

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz