BFG - White In / White out

pdXDisco

Observer
White out fo sho!

pPLkmfH.jpg

Dang, that is some sexy Tonga Green... Someday, I hope to transform ours to this.

Ray_G

Explorer
Wait, I thought LED light bars were for Jeeps... ;)

That's true too.

To reinforce Stu's point and reiterate mine; this picture is of my wife looking for a truck that looks right with white out (not true, just an absurd comment to accompany why white should be in)
5b9891859341964563c2508c4232f442.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYCRover

Observer
How you like that James B RTT? Man that is a clean set up, I just see they are quite heavy?!?!?

Thanks man- i like the JB RTT- comfortable, fast setup and take down time, but kind of dislike the no annex to protect from rain when you get into the tent and the fact it takes up 100% of my rack space (which is kind of annoying for longer trips that might need some fuel cans). I hope to get some front runner quick release mounts for the rack at some point so I can take it on and off a lot faster. It's heavy, but not much more noticeable than any other RTT to be honest.

I use this hack to get it on and off the rack with the LR4 tailgate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7r0hGS5uDM

pdXDisco

Observer
That's true too.

To reinforce Stu's point and reiterate mine; this picture is of my wife looking for a truck that looks right with white out (not true, just an absurd comment to accompany why white should be in)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha!. You're killin' me Ray!

Like I said, white in when your truck is subtle, but mine is anything but and I think the white out fits better. I mean, if you're going for corporate sponsorship, you might as well go all in!

Love how the “non-judgmental” LR folks on here who optiniate about Jeeps so much have so much judgement toward tire lettering and stickers! Kind of, more like, does make it sound like you’re more like “one of them” then not!

Been looking for photos of the most capable and overland tested Rovers on the planet! Turns out all those Camel bubbas ran black-out lettering and a ton of stickers! Man, those guys sure were a bunch of posers relative to these standards.

In the world of gunfighters, we always say “sling what you bring.......just know how to employ it.” This is called “shooter preference” for a reason.

I’d say the same about LR and light bars and stickers and tire lettering! Do what you want and know how to use what you have and why you have it (at least train to it). Then be yourself cuz nobody is making your payments for you so spend your money and image how you want.

I personally love seeing a kitted our Rover with trail rash and a bunch of stickers that tell a story about who and why they drive it.

Off to slap some stickers on my Rover that has black-out KM2s!

Rover on my friends, Rover on! :smiley_drive:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Funny that attacking jeep owner is the Rover enthusiasts first target in so many debates. Like youer truck no need to bash others. Jeep owner could care less about Land Rovers. Its not even comparing apple to apples, Land Rover dose not make a real offroader right now. Yes in the Last couple of years they have made some capable overland vehicles, but none of there new tech truck have been made to be a Max Offroader. once the new Defender comes out and there is a Rover that matches a Wrangler in offroad performance this argument might make more scene.

Ray_G

Explorer
Well for the record, I love stickers-and still go black in.
(& I thought we were just having fun with each other, I don't take much of this serious-I argue on Dweb, not here).

As far as 'real offroad' vehicles go-that's an appllication discussion.
Is it a real offroader if you do long haul travel and end up deaf and nearly crippled at the end from discomfort-b/c Jeep has that market covered too.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate their marketing and the vehicle's capabilities. I also appreciate that every midlife crisis suburban dude in Northern VA has one with the same bolted on stuff...and they can't tow a damn thing with them much bigger than lawn mower on a utility trailer (nevermind what they can fit in them).

So I guess much comes back to what, and where, we mean by offroading. LR more than holds its own I'd say; afterall you don't really see other brands re-doing the Great Divide or any number of things (TAT, etc) even with their 'hardcore' offerings-much less stock trucks on 20's or 19's.

Just my $.02.
r-
Ray

Ray_G

Explorer
There's been one LR3 on the Rubicon. It is and always will be the benchmark.

I'd argue the Camel Trophy will always be the benchmark.
Jeeps did that.
Once.

That's why I said I think we have to be clear about what we mean by offroading-plenty of trucks can do the Rubicon but would suck to daily drive, go to get groceries in, much less travel a continent.

Its only a benchmark if that's what you want to measure against.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles