Filson alternatives?

Lykos

Super Trucker
I love Filson. I don't love Filson prices.

Are there any brands of comparable quality on similar clothing that are more value priced?

Or, am I relegated to finding my field jacket on ebay?

Thanks in advance...

thegoodnowdays

I’m an equal fan of Fjallraven. I’m not aware of any other waxed gear. There is a Filson outlet near Seattle. I got a pair of tin pants for under $100.

perterra

Adventurer
Beretta used to make some, high quality maybe a hundred less, outback trading has a few, or you can search some web sites in the UK

4runnerteq

Explorer
I came across a Filson coat at a flea a couple weeks ago. I'm not sure it had ever been worn. $50. I wanted it bad, but it was a 48, just a bit big for me. And I don't hunt. I forget which on it is, but has the 4 front pockets and the pouch in the back with the side flaps. I can see if its still there and send a pic if you're interested. Probably not 1 out of 10 people in my area have ever even heard of Filson.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
The other brands I have seen use a wax and oil that turns rancid. It will stink up everthing in your closet and vehicle.
I've got a Filson Logger jacket and find oiled canvas kinda heavy and stiff for daily use. For rolling around under a jeep in the bush it's perfect but for driving and being comphy it's a little too heavy duty. I would not want to fall in a river and have to swim with it on for example. I do get compliments on it every time I wear it. The Filson stuff I own is endless. Off the top of my head: Belt, wallet, jacket, shirts, hats, small and extra large duffle bags, Pullman luggage. Even my laptop bag is Filson. It's the best stuff if you use it daily and it's got a warranty for life. If you want heavy oiled canvas then save up or find a sale.

Peneumbra2

Badger Wrangler
Got the Filson Double Mac and in the 17 years I've had it, there have only been two days (in FLG) when it was cold enough to wear it.

shifty98

Observer
I've bought some Filson off Craigslist. It was a huge score. I picked up over $2000 worth of gear for $400. I am set for the rest of my life. Well at least as far as outerwear goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste