Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Express Van spacer install - looking for tips/tricks from those that have done it

Looks nice.
    Glad it went well for you.
    Looking forward to your write up.
    So, just the front then? You didn't feel the need for blocks in the back? Is height about equal front and rear now?

I spoke with Jeremy the other day, and will probably do something with them, and definitely let them do the install.

Quote Originally Posted by zip View Post
    Looks nice.
    Glad it went well for you.
    Looking forward to your write up.
    So, just the front then? You didn't feel the need for blocks in the back? Is height about equal front and rear now?

I spoke with Jeremy the other day, and will probably do something with them, and definitely let them do the install.
    Yeah, I just did the front. If you are only doing the spacers, and want to level out the van, just do the front. And yes, itís much more equal front to rear...

The write up is complete and posted, but I wish I had pics to go with it. I may go back and take some reference pics to add.

What size tires are you running?

I highly recommend a locker if you expect to be on anything more technical than a fire road. I had fine luck without one for my first trip off road with but I also have WeldTec's long travel suspension and 6" spring lift in the back so I probably have more articulation. While that keeps the tires down a little better, I still lifted a drive tire a couple times and started spinning. Since installing the locker I haven't been stopped by anything, including some very soft spots on Hunter Mountain Road in DVNP that were freshly dug up by a maintenance crew.

If you have the factory limited-slip unit I'll be interested in hearing your experience. Mine was an open 3.42 that I swapped for a 3.73 and a true Eaton Detroit Locker.
    2010 Chevrolet Express LWB 2WD Motovan/Camper/Desert Cruiser
    Weldtec 5.5" Lift/Long Travel, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 33" tires, Detroit Locker

^^^^^
    Would you mind posting a picture of your van?

Quote Originally Posted by wantahertzdonut View Post
    What size tires are you running?

I highly recommend a locker if you expect to be on anything more technical than a fire road. I had fine luck without one for my first trip off road with but I also have WeldTec's long travel suspension and 6" spring lift in the back so I probably have more articulation. While that keeps the tires down a little better, I still lifted a drive tire a couple times and started spinning. Since installing the locker I haven't been stopped by anything, including some very soft spots on Hunter Mountain Road in DVNP that were freshly dug up by a maintenance crew.

If you have the factory limited-slip unit I'll be interested in hearing your experience. Mine was an open 3.42 that I swapped for a 3.73 and a true Eaton Detroit Locker.
    Tires are 275/75/16 and I definitely want to add a locker in the future. I was originally thinking I would just do a Powertrax locker, but the more I think about it, the more Iím thinking I would rather run a selectable locker on this. Mine came with a 3.73 D70, and Iím sure that hasnít changed, but for some reason, someone wrote 410 on the diff cover, so hmmmm... what kind of mileage are you getting with 35s and 3.73s? Oh, my diff is most definitely open still... hahaha! I live in the country in Temecula and break traction just driving to my house. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12