Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Corey's 2007 FJ Cruiser built for expedtion/overland, & daily driver

Quote Originally Posted by aukaiiki View Post
    Corey, I have been watching your build here and on IH8MUD. Great build. I live across the Sound from you on the Olympic Peninsula. I'm building a 2007 FJC also.

Aloha,
    Aukaiiki sends...
    Thanks!
    Oh man, you live in a very pretty area.
    I use to camp at Kalaloch and other areas in Olympic National Park back in the 60s with my parents.
    One day I will have to check out some of the areas there to camp again for a week long trip.
    I took a drive through a campground with my sons back in the early 90s, I think it may have been Staircase?
    Campground was not flat, it had some inclines you had to walk/drive up if I remember, and a creek running through it.

Corey, we are all over the peninsula, but mostly along the coast from the Oregon border to the Straits. We have started alone Hood Canal and over to Fort Warden with 1 trip to Orcus Island.

Did you get the Base Plate direct from Goose Gear or from someone local in the PNW. If so who & where local? Right now I have a 50 Qt ARB with an ARB Slide in the back. I want to organize the back of the FJC and the Goose Gear looks clean in the back of the Toyotas.

IMG_9658.jpg

Aloha,
    Aukaiiki sends... Washington Plates "OVRLNDR".

The fort, was there as a Boy Scout back in the early 70s, so it has been a long time.
    That is another place I would like to visit.

I got the cargobox and plate direct from Goose Gear by talking with Brian there.
    The cargo module hold down rings I ordered those from Paul at Equipt Expeditions in Utah as Goose Gear now likes to sell through a dealer network, and at Equipt they added them to their website.
    However the rings shipped with my plate direct from Goose Gear.
    Buying from Paul May at Equipt is fast, as I usually get stuff within two days from them.

Goose Gear makes a nice module for various size fridges that would look great in the back too.
    And then you could place a tall two drawer system next to the fridge cabinet.
    The stuff is pricey, but very well thought out and built.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425