Lc200

mlambert12

Hi all,

I am thinking about taking the plunge and trading in my Range Rover sport for an lc200. The Rover has been a massive disappointment. The closest dealership is a bit far away, so before heading over there I had a quick question. I’m 6’3” (more torso then legs) and my head brushes the headliner on the Rover. On paper the cruiser doesn’t have any more headroom then the rrs but I’ve found that headroom is extremely subjective manufacturer to manufacturer. Anyone here on the tall side have experience in a newer cruiser?

Thank you,
Mike

MetalDog

Observer
I sold my 15 RR Sport after 6 months and went back to LC. Previously, I had a 2008 LC prior. LC all the way... not even close, especially with the new interior of the LC. Just my 2 cents. = D

mlambert12

Well,

Drove to the dealership, really bummed out. Zero chance of my tall self fitting in the land cruiser unless I want to sit at an angle and stay in the sunroof zone

Box Rocket

You might contact Paul May at Equipt. He is about 6'4" and drives a 200 series. Doesn't seem to have any complaints about fitting. The 200 is such a nice car!

tennesseewj

Observer
Interesting. I haven't driven one, but I rode passenger in a 200 series recently. I'm a lanky 6'4" and didn't have any headroom issues. Seems obvious, but did you make sure the seat wasn't raised up?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

stu8319

I second the seat position. Are you sure you couldn't move the seat further down? My brother is 6'4" and I'm 6'2" and both of us are extremely comfortable in a 200 series.

mlambert12

To answer the questions, yes I am sure I was all the way down I am "only" 6'3" but long torso, my head was hitting the ceiling except for in the sunroof well. Headroom is always tight for me so its the first thing i double check. tried it all sorts of ways to get it lower. I called a shop, basically it is really hard to lower the seat on a lc200 due to the electronics and trim pieces. So unless I want to drop a ton of extra cash, looks like the LC is out for me. I hate riding leaned back like a lowrider.

Elsie3

I think it bears double checking. On my 13 200 I find the door access height limited but I am fine once I am inside. 6ft, seat down but back rest vertical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles