67 LR 109

Expedition Essentials

Approved Vendor : Expedition Essentials
New tires showed up before Christmas for the Landy, pretty gnarly set of tread. Much better than the old bias ply re treads

c229611350f40ea7657db876c0f4f8c8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expedition Essentials

Finally Received the fuel pump back from Overhaul. Tank is out currently but close to getting this old girl back on the road.

9f6b8ca8d911976954f0c7060704b92f.jpg

James86004

Expedition Leader
We have that same engine in our Dormobile, known as the Euro 6. The other 6 used was the NADA 6 which has a different cylinder head and intake manifold.

I got fed up with the SU pump, new ones, rebuilt ones, solid state points ones. Finally replaced it with a Facet. I hope you have better luck as the Facet can be loud.

The six has a much flatter torque curve than the four, making it less slow on the road. I like the way it sounds, too.

If you don't have a spare water pump, start looking. Or a rebuild kit for one.

Keep the valve clearances in spec, especially the exhaust ones. I have found it is easiest to remove the exhaust manifold to adjust them.

It is an interesting engine, Inlet of Exhaust, or IOE, designed to have relatively large valves and be able to run a higher compression ratio than other post WW2 engine designs. That said, they only put 7.8:! pistons in these. I have wanted to try the 8.8:1 pistons from the NADA 6. Here is a cutaway drawing of the engine.

IOE Combustion Chamber.jpg

Expedition Essentials

We have that same engine in our Dormobile, known as the Euro 6. The other 6 used was the NADA 6 which has a different cylinder head and intake manifold.

I got fed up with the SU pump, new ones, rebuilt ones, solid state points ones. Finally replaced it with a Facet. I hope you have better luck as the Facet can be loud.

The six has a much flatter torque curve than the four, making it less slow on the road. I like the way it sounds, too.

If you don't have a spare water pump, start looking. Or a rebuild kit for one.

Keep the valve clearances in spec, especially the exhaust ones. I have found it is easiest to remove the exhaust manifold to adjust them.

It is an interesting engine, Inlet of Exhaust, or IOE, designed to have relatively large valves and be able to run a higher compression ratio than other post WW2 engine designs. That said, they only put 7.8:! pistons in these. I have wanted to try the 8.8:1 pistons from the NADA 6. Here is a cutaway drawing of the engine.

View attachment 431241

Very nice James, thanks for your input: hopefully this pump works out for me I’ve tried a couple different ones and haven’t had any luck yet. Thanks for the tip on the valve adjustment. I might have to pick your brain a time or two.

Jeff

Expedition Essentials

Been a while since my last update;

The Landy is mostly back on the road, after a brief mechanical overhaul, new brakes (disk on the front) shocks, tires , overhauled fuel pump, belt, repaired radiator, tank fixed, sealed and re installed and a few more little things. Shes now running like a top however after a couple test drives we learned that the clutch needs to be replaced due to signs of slipping.

So before i can pass inspection and get her registered in the USA; clutch replacement time!!!

Landy.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles