Zipper issues with tent cover.

dfinn

Adventurer
It seems as though the zipper on the cover of my Tepui Ayer has given up the ghost. I've got a few sections with rough teeth and the zipper no longer stays closed . Obviously ordering a replacement will work but before I spend $150 on that I'm wondering if anyone has had luck using a seamstress or possibly some sort of boat canvas place to repair zipper issues?

WOODY2

Adventurer
I would venture that they do not produce this zipper and Amazon, Ebay or Google could help you along with a local canvas or sail maker

dfinn

Adventurer
Considering that zipper already partially assembled, I think its a fair price.

Fair price for sure but being that it's currently backordered is gonna be an issue. I'll have to give them a call later today and see if they have any idea when they'll be getting more.

dfinn

Adventurer
Spoke to Tepui and the picture on the site is out of date for the zipper replacement. For $20 you just get the lower zipper that slides into the base of the tent. If you buy a new travel cover then you get both so it looks like that's my best option.

TSnider

To anyone that comes across this issue in the future, first try pinching down the rear of the zipper a bit with some pliers. not much, just a little. With time, the zipper itself starts to pull apart a bit and doesn't zip like it should. I do carry a quick zipper replacement for "just in case" scenarios.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles