Full JL Specs released

Bullseye240

Adventurer
What hassle? Is going 600+ miles on a tank of diesel a hassle. Filling up DEF every 10,000 miles a hassle?

He was likely referring to the hassle of finding diesel the farther you get from an interstate highway, which is where most of them are located because most of the vehicles that use diesel are there.

Ozrockrat

Expedition Leader
He was likely referring to the hassle of finding diesel the farther you get from an interstate highway, which is where most of them are located because most of the vehicles that use diesel are there.

I find this hard to believe. Diesel is usually available in any small town especially where farming or primary industries are located. I actually used to have more trouble finding diesel in the suburbs. But these days it’s not an issue.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
Not going to lie, knowing the JL has some version of a fold down windshield (actually completely removable with two bolts too) makes me extremely happy. The design is still growing on me, but I don't hate it. Like the look of the 2 door models much better than the 4 door models so far. 4 doors models just look...odd?

Captain Texas

Adventurer
Not going to lie, knowing the JL has some version of a fold down windshield (actually completely removable with two bolts too) makes me extremely happy. The design is still growing on me, but I don't hate it. Like the look of the 2 door models much better than the 4 door models so far. 4 doors models just look...odd?

Yea i'm really digging the foldable windshield too. I can't believe I would consider the JL to be more of a Jeep than the JK. Most Jeep owners don't say that. The fact it takes 30-45 minutes to fold the windshield on the JK irritates me. Glad they kept it!

dstock

Explorer
Sat in the JL last night at the LA Auto show. They really hit this one out of the park. It's very impressive all the attention to detail. You aren't able to sit in the Rubicon at the show but the high fenders and 33"s stock will be more then capable for most overlander's needs. Well done Jeep!

(none)

Adventurer
What hassle? Is going 600+ miles on a tank of diesel a hassle. Filling up DEF every 10,000 miles a hassle?

The entire DEF system, particulate filter issues, EGR/cooler issues just like on any new diesel. Diesels used to be the simple motors that just ran forever. Plus the VM diesel isn't known for being the most reliable, something about the cam gears coming off?

axlesandantennas

Approved Vendor
Even though I just bought a 18 JKU I'm really digging the JL. The lines look good. The interior is nice too except for that horizontal dash piece that stretches across. To be fair, I've only seen the red one. Maybe black would look better.

In a few years when th bugs get worked out, I think they will be a gigantic hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online