Full JL Specs released

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
http://www.off-road.com/blog/2017/1...aled-a-modern-take-on-the-classic-off-roader/

Tons of new info and confirmations.

A few things I found interesting:

The 3.0 diesel is real, with 260 hp and 442 ft-lbs!
Unfortunately, it only comes in the 4-door and only with the 8 speed auto!
(I wonder how long until someone releases a standard trans conversion....)

Rubicon comes with 33 inch tires from the factory

Lots of aluminum and even some magnesium parts to save weight.

Overall, it sounds like a "better" JK.

-Dan

Captain Texas

Adventurer
I read somewhere that non-rubicon trim JL's get a Dana 30 up front (Expected) and a Dana 35 in the rear. You would think a 44 would be standard in the rear just like in the JK.

Justincredible

Adventurer
I read somewhere that non-rubicon trim JL's get a Dana 30 up front (Expected) and a Dana 35 in the rear. You would think a 44 would be standard in the rear just like in the JK.

I've read that in a couple places. Disappointing.

https://www.drivingline.com/articles/the-jl-is-here-10-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-all-new-2018-jeep-wrangler/
the axles have been completely revised with thicker-wall axletubes and new C-knuckles that are now paired with aluminum steering knuckles. The ring-and-pinions are slightly smaller however (8.27-in front and 8.66-in rear) compared to the outgoing 8.8 Dana 44s.

Captain Texas

Adventurer
How about that announcement that the Diesel will get 30MPG!

What do y'all think about them going with a full electric option in 2020. Soccer moms are gunna love it haha.

dstock

Explorer
How about that announcement that the Diesel will get 30MPG!

What do y'all think about them going with a full electric option in 2020. Soccer moms are gunna love it haha.

If it's full electric with a generator, like a Chevy Volt, it won't just be soccer moms driving them! Electric motor torque and extended range would be pretty sweet.

MOguy

Explorer
From reading the article it seems they will be easily as capable (or more so) and any Wrangler that has come before it. Another bonus could be additional MPG they should gained have over the earlier Wranglers.

It seems there are allot of "neat things" on the new Wranglers. It seems like maybe there could be allot of things to go wrong down the road.

I know many like diesels but from what it seems new diesel motors require more and costly maintenance primarily because of new emission requirements. This has been and issue for larger vehicles, such as our school buses. I would think it could be a issue for all newer diesel engines.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
To each there own TrailBadger, but I cant wait to get out of my LR3 and into a new 2 door JL. None of this stuff is new tech. Its just new to the Wrangler.

abart

I really like the JL. I have a TJ now that I have had for 14 years and still love it and I never really cared for the Jk for whatever reason. Looking at the JL, I may even consider getting one as a friend for my TJ. A red Rubicon two-door with the V-6 and manual tranny would be perfect for me as I could care less about the diesel and four doors are not for me. The truck is intriguing to me also.....

kotton

Im digging the electric top with the side panels removed. It has a cool bimini top look to it.

2017-Jeep-Wrangler-Rubicon-80.jpg

dstock

Explorer
The more videos I see describing all the little details, and how much Jeep actually listened to it's consumers, the more impressed I am with this new model. I don't think there is another automotive manufacturer that has paid attention to it's user base more. Kudos to Jeep!

rkj__

Adventurer
The more videos I see describing all the little details, and how much Jeep actually listened to it's consumers, the more impressed I am with this new model. I don't think there is another automotive manufacturer that has paid attention to it's user base more. Kudos to Jeep!

I agree, it certainly does seem like Jeep listened to what their customers wanted, and actually made some of it happen. I always like to see that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles