Front Bumper/Gill Gaurd

You might want to have a look at our Trans4mer Mounting System. It allows you to mount a winch, have brush guards, light mounting tabs, etc.

https://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/trans4mer_mount.jsp

I managed to dig up an old photo of a Trans4mer on a Tahoe of the same generation to give you an idea of what it'd look like. Keep in mind, we only offer this application in black powdercoat now, however.

View attachment 427290

- Andy

Does anyone have a Warn brand front bumper?
Are they a good brand/product?
How heavy duty is the steel?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Do they make one for a 1999 Suburban?

Also what would I need to get to add a winch?

This site states the ARB 3462030 fits a 1999 Suburban.

Its a winch bumper, that is ready to drop a winch into.

Id email ARB directly to find out if it does fit your application. Even if it doesnt, ARB would be able to tell you which model does.
Then its simply a matter of finding an ARB dealer to buy that model from.

https://www.builtfortrucks.com/arb-3462030-deluxe-bar-winch-bumper-chevy-suburban-tahoe-1993-1999/

This site states the ARB 3462030 fits a 1999 Suburban.

Its a winch bumper, that is ready to drop a winch into.

Id email ARB directly to find out if it does fit your application. Even if it doesnt, ARB would be able to tell you which model does.
Then its simply a matter of finding an ARB dealer to buy that model from.

https://www.builtfortrucks.com/arb-3462030-deluxe-bar-winch-bumper-chevy-suburban-tahoe-1993-1999/

Thanks I think I'm going to go with a ARB, was going to go with a Warn but that's just a brush guard. I think I want a heavy duty bumper on my rig.

For those who have a ARB, what size winch do you use? (Sorry if that's not right, I don't really know too much about winches)

Also what is a good brand for winches?

Mako1114

Adventurer
Thanks I think I'm going to go with a ARB, was going to go with a Warn but that's just a brush guard. I think I want a heavy duty bumper on my rig.

For those who have a ARB, what size winch do you use? (Sorry if that's not right, I don't really know too much about winches)

Also what is a good brand for winches?

I'd go with a Warn M12000 in a Suburban and i'd venture to guess that the ARB bumper was designed to accept the M12000.

Cheers

I'd go with a Warn M12000 in a Suburban and i'd venture to guess that the ARB bumper was designed to accept the M12000.

Cheers

Do I really need a 12k winch?
Isn't that overkill?

Also the M12000 is over $1200+!!!

I don't really have that kinda money to spend on a winch, anything else that is good/cheaper for would work for a 1999 suburban?

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Isn't that overkill?

I don't really have that kinda money to spend on a winch, anything else that is good/cheaper for would work for a 1999 suburban?
For occasional use a Smittybilt or Harbor Freight (Badlands) winch would probably be 'good enough.' I know the 12k Badlands was under $300 a couple of months ago. Check your local HF and make sure you print out your 20% off coupon! :rolleyes:
I believe the winch mounting plate on the ARBs and other commercially available bumpers is of a "standard" size that fits most mid-sized (8k to 12k) winches.

Bojak

Adventurer
Isn't that overkill?

If you use pulleys and snatch blocks 12k is not necessary. My advise is to get bumper first, then winch. I had a warn zeon 12k, so i bought the ARB. It was not the 12k warn ARB had designed for bumper to work with. I ended up having to custom fab some shims and a control mount for the control relocation kit. Major PIA. Once it was done it was tits though. A lot of $ but top notch. For emergency recovery a more affordable option should work fine. If you are going to actively pursue situations that a winch will be needed in, then Warn is probably a very sound investment. Spend right once is my moto.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
For a full-size, I wouldnt advise anything less than a 12k

Im currently looking at winches four our new super duty.
It is to become the new camper-hauler.

Im looking at 15k+ winches.

And so far, the new smittybuilt x20 line of winches looks very promising.

For our situation, with a truck and camper combo that will be pushing 10-11k lbs,
the 17,500lb X20 looks like the right winch.

Looks to be one hell of a winch, for less than a grand...

For a full-size, I wouldnt advise anything less than a 12k

Im currently looking at winches four our new super duty.
It is to become the new camper-hauler.

Im looking at 15k+ winches.

And so far, the new smittybuilt x20 line of winches looks very promising.

For our situation, with a truck and camper combo that will be pushing 10-11k lbs,
the 17,500lb X20 looks like the right winch.

Looks to be one hell of a winch, for less than a grand...

Why 12k winch?

I was thinking about getting a WARN M8000, that looks like a good winch for the $$$

Also for winches, does it really matter the brand?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles