Front Bumper/Gill Gaurd

Hey guys,

I been looking to buy a front bumper/grill guard for my 99' Suburban and haven't really found anything that was made for it, Does anyone have any brands they use?

I would like to buy one instead of building a homemade one due to me have no experience with metal work, or owning an machines.

Could you help a brother out?

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Hey guys,

I been looking to buy a front bumper/grill guard for my 99' Suburban and haven't really found anything that was made for it, Does anyone have any brands they use?

I would like to buy one instead of building a homemade one due to me have no experience with metal work, or owning an machines.

Could you help a brother out?

Ranch Hand, Warn, Westin, Go Rhino, I'm sure there are more but those are what came to mind first for brush guards. So are you looking for a brush guard that actually does more harm than good, or a full steel bumper replacement?

Ranch Hand, Warn, Westin, Go Rhino, I'm sure there are more but those are what came to mind first for brush guards. So are you looking for a brush guard that actually does more harm than good, or a full steel bumper replacement?

What would you recommend?

Also why do you say "So are you looking for a brush guard that actually does more harm than good"?

arveetek

Adventurer
I have a Westin brush guard on my '95 Tahoe, and it just bolts to the bumper, but it actually is really sturdy. I hit a deer at low speeds (around 40 mph), and it just dented the guard slightly, and protected my front end. I'm really pleased with it.
-
-
31191802251_810ce5c0ed_b.jpg

-
-

As far as a full bumper replacement goes, the only bolt-on that I'm aware of that is still available is ARB. Otherwise, you need to find a fabrication shop to custom build you one.
-
-
https://www.bumperonly.com/products...MItauok4Tn1wIVhtdkCh0HsAMOEAkYASABEgIpovD_BwE
-
-

Casey

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
The GMT 400 brush guards tend to hold up better than the later 800 series trucks. If you just want a decent brush guard I have one from my old 95 k2500, it's a stainless model that is just sitting in the shed.

I have a Westin brush guard on my '95 Tahoe, and it just bolts to the bumper, but it actually is really sturdy. I hit a deer at low speeds (around 40 mph), and it just dented the guard slightly, and protected my front end. I'm really pleased with it.

Looks Good!!

With the Westin can you still have the tow hooks? It looks like you have them but did you mod them?

arveetek

Adventurer
Looks Good!!

With the Westin can you still have the tow hooks? It looks like you have them but did you mod them?

Thanks!

Yes, the factory tow hooks remain with no modifications needed. You do need to trim the plastic lower air dam a bit, though. Really easy install. I was able to pick mine up used off of Craigslist for $150.

Casey

Bojak

Adventurer
I had an ARB on my 2500 gmc. It was really nice. It was the right amount of heavy duty construction without being over the top or weighing a ton.tapatalk_1512246410583.jpeg

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
If you can afford it, go ARB

Look great, loads of protection, are very light, and are specially designed to work with airbags and such.

Also gives you the option for a secure front winch, if you go with a winch ready version.

If you can afford it, go ARB

Look great, loads of protection, are very light, and are specially designed to work with airbags and such.

Also gives you the option for a secure front winch, if you go with a winch ready version.

Do they make one for a 1999 Suburban?

Also what would I need to get to add a winch?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz