A 2.5 GEN build that consists of a lot of beer

shakotanfun69

That's a shame about the Mighty Max, I had someone recently bump into my daily breaking my headlamp bracket and leaving a note with no insurance, just 'sorry' and then in the same week had some idiot collide into my door collapsing the ************* thing such that the window rail pops when it goes all the way down. Its super frustrating to think people can be so lame. Glad everything sorted itself out in the end.

Any details on the wheels on the MM, you made them look like an offroad version of SSR SP1.

This has to be the 3-4th guy who has/had an S chassis and moved into Monteros since I joined here.

Those 2 s13s look like they're set up for drift, do you attend those Final Bout events put on by the chicago crew? Any more pics of the green S13, specifically the front bumper?

Yeah people seriously suck man. Oh well. ****ting situations bring better ones, I think.

The wheels on the MM are Lodio Drive which is a company by SSR. I found them on the Japan auctions.

Thats actually my roomates S13.

I recently got rid of my RX-7 though. These were actually shot at Final Bout.

I5PaieD.jpg

SLZXuIv.jpg

TfcTUvE.jpg

And thats my buddys hatch.
rpg3qMO.jpg

Swift_45a

Observer
Small update for the Monty, got the wheels quicker than I thought, SUPER excited. Just waiting on tires now!
I5hSSmY.jpg

mBUOAfs.jpg

Jesus, with those TEs going on the rig you should rename this thread to 'consists of a lot of bling,' looking good, dude! What's the final wheel/tire set up going to be, 33 or 35?

Thanks for the heads up on the wheels, I had no idea SSR did anything else, I just might keep my eyes peeled for a set.

Sweet looking FC vert is that 326 aero? His S13 looks really well done; Type X aero, sunk face TEs (early to mid 2000s style) never really went out of style, still looks as amazing now.

Last edited:

shakotanfun69

Haha, I enjoy ridiculous looking things if you haven't noticed. My plan is 35s, they should actually be arriving any day now. Just need to put the body lift on and everything should be good to go.

Once you're ready for wheels, I can definitely find you some.

The aero is Origin Labo. 2000s style is the best.

Swift_45a

Observer
Haha, I enjoy ridiculous looking things if you haven't noticed. My plan is 35s, they should actually be arriving any day now. Just need to put the body lift on and everything should be good to go.

Once you're ready for wheels, I can definitely find you some.

The aero is Origin Labo. 2000s style is the best.

Agreed!

But you can't just leave us hanging like that with teaser shots of TEs in a box, any progress updates?

Sadly for me my S13 and Montero are both back in CA, so every time I see this thread I get so homesick. I still need to do the valve stem seals as she hit 200k on my last surf trip, then I'll get back to working on tires/suspension/wheels on the rig, but I'll definitely keep you posted. (She's been parked for far too long and I fear things are going to start to break due to it not being driven.)

Do you follow the Dakar? PM me if you want to check it out.

shakotanfun69

Sorry im really crappy at updates. lol

Finally all the stuff came in!

So I couldn't do my body lift at home (HOA is usually strict), so I drove a few hours north to a friends shop and he threw it on a lift and he helped me install the body lift.

The view was awesome there. My friend Mike tagged along with me in his R32 Skyline.
lhXKayY.jpg

And then the montero!
lCEv2XP.jpg

Everything went smoothly besides ripping my driver side brake line out. I was an idiot and I didn't uncoil it. It was a light night.

Went to my buddies to get the new meat that arrived mounted! Pumped!

rg64Unv.jpg

Christmas Eve didn't have too much going on so I went out in the 20 degree weather, and had a few beers, and installed the wheels!

Cheers!

99XEpwr.jpg

All done!!!!!!!! Have slight rub on the bumper, but I still have adjustment via tension rods. I'll do this in the meantime while I get ready for a complete lift.

8gWASkY.jpg

DjZMS77.jpg

toIrive.jpg

BUhpGzJ.jpg

Super happy that I went with this color. I was pretty skeptical.

So far these tires are awesome in the snow, not like I had anything good to compare to since this is my first snow season ever. But they grab pretty well in the snow and ice.

shakotanfun69

I need to start doing maintenance work to it such as bushings and what not. Its starting to showing its 20 year old age. She drives great though.

Getting ready to go to Badlands park in Indiana with a bunch of Toyota guys i've never met. lol

Picked up a compressor and some deflators.
QtUiYjt.jpg

And because it was a nice day for some beer!
oi9IgDO.jpg

And of course, beer by Mikerphone Brewing!
9vkbH91.jpg

shakotanfun69

Went to Badlands in Indiana today, had a ton of fun although i was super limited as I kept getting stuck. Rear wasn't locking so im pretty sure it just has a leak. Need to get under it and check it out. Other than that, this place is fcking HUGE!!!! I only saw about 10% of it. Still would prefer California trails. :(

MadCUut.jpg

YZiV0qZ.jpg

mpSnqkg.jpg

je2PiaG.jpg

Swift_45a

Observer
Almost forgot the beer!

kdqdCea.jpg

Ezzz!

Looks like its coming along nicely, she looks tough as hell; you keeping that brush guard on? I'd really like to see an elongated baja bash-bar type deal on this rig to round her off; since they're all over S-chassis these days can't be hard to find someone to bend some tubing, right?

That way I can grab the specs from you and throw one on mine. ;)

Ahh, damn, are those old Blitz wheels on the R32? Jesus, I remember when I had the blue BN sports R32 article from Carboy/Option2 hung up on my wall as a kid in HS.

I'm from SoCal, and unless its a MUST-DO (or walk home) you're not getting me to wrench in below 32F anymore, those days are over! (That's why I have Toyota Camry as a daily.)

Could you hear the locker pump engage? Mine would get sticky if I left it sitting for a while, along with 4wd, you can usually hear if its leaking if you have someone in the back, I just stripped my interior out to bare metal so I can hear it come on.

Don't even talk to me about Californian trials, dude! Its making me get the bug... and I still have to go home and source a low mileage VK45 for my F50 before I can throw a new clutch in the S13 (been sitting in the trunk for a far too long) AND THEN start playing with the Gen 2.

Let me know if you are going to be in SoCal or CO in that rig anytime soon, I'll buy you a beer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles