A 2.5 GEN build that consists of a lot of beer

shakotanfun69

Hello people! Long time creeper on the forum, finally decided to make am account, get ready to see a lot of beerz and parts. I recently moved to the midwest (chicago suburbs) and I purchased a 1998 Montero winter package. I love the fell out of this thing. It came with decently low mileage (145k), and a fairly straight body. Has some rust on one side of the rocker, hopefully I have time to patch that up before the snow comes! Lockers and electronics all work, im pumped!!! Tires are bummy as hell, so haven't been able to test it out.

I lived in Sacramento, CA and I had a 1994 Mighty Max 4x4 that I absolutely loved. Thats what first got me to fall in love with these trucks. Thing drove like a champ. Imported some wheels for it, through it on some 32's and ****ting hell this thing was fun, even though the transfer case was busted.

sq89XLz.jpg

htVU9Dy.jpg

I put it up for sale a few weeks before I was getting ready to move, and some ******** bag decided to vandalize the truck right before it was going to sell. A friend ended up with the truck.

QzPApwX.jpg

cQo1g1V.jpg

Anywho, I moved to Chicago, I was carless for a few months just because I was waiting to find the right 2.5 gen, and one finally came up. I downloaded a million craigslist style apps and I found it on an app called Offer Up. Picked it up for an insane deal and ordered an ADD body lift the first night, will be installing it shortly.

AyDQ6AX.jpg

QSO9alQ.jpg

U39mU64.jpg

There will be many beer and working on the truck photos also. Beer matching my oil.
XAvYPqX.jpg

Wheels and tires should be in next week. Can't wait to make some use of this thing!!!

raysobi

Adventurer
Welcome!

And also seeing the vandalizing REALLY made my blood boiled. I'm glad you were able to find your truck a new home.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Swank Force One

Adventurer
WHO KNOWS MY NAME!:sombrero: This username sounds VERYYYYYYYYYY familiar. lol

I was poking around Eurosonic's instagram and happened to see you commenting on something. Then saw that you bought one of these things. And even tried to summon you on CR (concealer404). But you are here now. :)

shakotanfun69

Thatssssss where it came frommmm. hahaha. Ah yeah, DMitry lived on my street before I moved! Awesome builder. Yeah, I haven't been on CR since I sold my miata.

PacS14

Adventurer
Man you have S-chassis and a Montero!? Well I no longer have a 240 but I might buy another one in the future. Congrats on the Montero mine is burgundy, but definitely that is the color I like the most.

Se7en62

Adventure Seeker
We are twinz!?! Well, as of next Saturday we will be. Similar timing to boot! I'll keep an eye on your progress from Sunny Central Texas. :sombrero:

Swift_45a

Observer
That's a shame about the Mighty Max, I had someone recently bump into my daily breaking my headlamp bracket and leaving a note with no insurance, just 'sorry' and then in the same week had some idiot collide into my door collapsing the ************* thing such that the window rail pops when it goes all the way down. Its super frustrating to think people can be so lame. Glad everything sorted itself out in the end.

Any details on the wheels on the MM, you made them look like an offroad version of SSR SP1.

Man you have S-chassis and a Montero!? Well I no longer have a 240 but I might buy another one in the future. Congrats on the Montero mine is burgundy, but definitely that is the color I like the most.

This has to be the 3-4th guy who has/had an S chassis and moved into Monteros since I joined here.

Those 2 s13s look like they're set up for drift, do you attend those Final Bout events put on by the chicago crew? Any more pics of the green S13, specifically the front bumper?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles