Lets see some full size pictures...

JAngeli

Observer
Taken on the shores of (frozen) lake huron, yesterday.

attachment.php

View attachment 217213

Cool. We always head to eastern shores when we camp at the Provincial Parks. :camping:

mastersryan

Adventurer
not much of a build for an expedition vehicle but this summer I will be living out of it for almost 2 months as I explore the country. Wish I had the funds to build it out but it will work just fine.

Raul B

Explorer
Its a great platform. What are your plans for it? A shell and a decked system would work great as a sleeping platform. That's what I have on my truck. You can click on my site for the build thread

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

mastersryan

Adventurer
I wanted a shell but I couldn't find one used and I wasn't going to pay 2k+ for one so I ended up with a bakflip fibermax to keep my things dry and locked up. I am not so much worried about a sleeping platform since I have a solid marmot 4-person tent. The shell would have been nice for storage reasons but just didn't fit the budget currently as I would rather spend the extra money on gas exploring. Maybe in the future I will invest in a shell but I'm not to worried about it. Next on the list would be a level and some nice tires followed by a winch but that would be far in the future as this truck is very capable in stock form.

Norcal6.0

Hi guys, my name is chris and i Just found expedition portal a few days ago. Im a lurker on many other forums but had to make an account here as the build im doing is basically an expedition vehicle. I use it mostly for work but also hunting, camping and wheeling trips

I have a white 2005 f250 4x4 6.0psd, regcab longbed auto with manual xfercase and lockers, double rear door aluminum camper shell, plywood toolbox/ bedframe in the bed with pull out drawers and hatches. modified rackit series3000 rack to be kinda exoskeleton looking. Leveling kit on 35" toyo mt on black stock steeley 17s, straight piped.

Future mods when i have $ : roll-on bedliner the rack, shell, below body line and bumpers. 4.5" lift, beadlocks and 37" mtr first ( later possible fender cutting for 39" or 40s). Front arb style bumper and 12k winch. Going to fab my own rear bumper with swing away spare mount and jerry cans, LED bar(s), solar panel on the roof to charge auxiliary batteries and tools.

Cant figure out how to post the few pics i have. It wont let me paste a link by holding down with the touchpad on my android like i usually do. I have a photobucket account to long from..

Help anyone?

LilPoppa

Adventurer
Above the "Reply" box there's a series of buttons. "Insert Image" is third from the left. It looks like a picture of a tree in a photo frame.

daddyusmaximus

Explorer
Photobucket works for me, it's the only way I know how to post photos. You said "android" so I can't help you. My phone is a droid too, but I seldom use it to it's capacity. I tend to rely on my laptop... bigger screen. Nice to hear of another big diesel truck out exploring...

Norcal6.0

Heres a few pics. Damn no way to rotate? Im really retarded or posting pics is a major pain in the ***. Wondering why i cant just paste the photobucket link easily like everywhere else..

Attachments

• 2013-06-15 11.41.53.jpg
    2013-06-15 11.41.53.jpg
    539.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 2012-08-18 15.03.17.jpg
    2012-08-18 15.03.17.jpg
    581.7 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20130610_092311.jpg
    IMG_20130610_092311.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_20130702_183455.jpg
    IMG_20130702_183455.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 96

Norcal6.0

Nice truck man. Im kicking myself constantly for not waiting and finding a extracab shortbed, or even a crewcab. I like the short wheelbase but think id prefer more cabin space

super04duty

Observer
Nice truck man. Im kicking myself constantly for not waiting and finding a extracab shortbed, or even a crewcab. I like the short wheelbase but think id prefer more cabin space

Funny, because when I originally set out to find a truck (and had a buddy who was a used car manager at the dealer I went through, who went to auctions and brought me back probably 100 trucks over the course of 6 months that i turned down), I wanted a regular cab long bed, base model truck. I ended up with this crew cab long bed, lariat, with pretty much every option they had in 04, for the price I wanted to pay for even a base model. Its definitely long, but now that I have it, I wouldn't trade it for anything. The full 4 doors, as well as long bed, has come in handy more times than I can count. It takes some effort sometimes to park/fit in places, but its a small price to pay for the luxury it affords.

And thanks. I also originally wanted a shell like yours. But Ive been casually looking at craigslist for years, and figured Id get whatever style I could on the cheap. I ended up getting this one for $300, and it was already painted white. Was only on the PO's truck 3-4 times for traveling and sat in storage the rest of the time. Was a little dirty, but otherwise mint. Still would like one like yours, but this will due for now anyway.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne