Lets see some full size pictures...

centexan

Observer
2457517366_1f7b4f19f8.jpg

I really like this shot. Gives my Tahoe some hope!

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Hey TXH3T, great truck. Too bad I already have a pickup or we would procure one as well. I like those 4 lights on your old brush guard. How are they attached?? I need to mount some to my wife's H3. She got my old brush guard after the ARB install.

(Edit for Oop's, that exo cage is on coloradorons truck. Sorry but still very impressive.)

CENTEXAN, thats a great exo cage on your truck. very impressive.
Here are a few pic's of my mid size toy.:smiley_drive:

regards,

Jim

Attachments

• DSCN0066.JPG
    DSCN0066.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 127
  • DSCN0034.JPG
    DSCN0034.JPG
    355.1 KB · Views: 80
  • PIC_0656.JPG
    PIC_0656.JPG
    249.7 KB · Views: 80
  • PIC_0660.JPG
    PIC_0660.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Hey everyone, I'm new here.
These are my two full size pick-ups...

Great looking trucks and welcome to the forum.:bike_rider:
What type of lift on your 2005? I have the same year f350 and have been considering a lift but dont want to sacrifice hauling capability.

Regards,

Jim

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Hey TXH3T, great truck. Too bad I already have a pickup or we would procure one as well. I like those 4 lights on your old brush guard. How are they attached?? I need to mount some to my wife's H3. She got my old brush guard after the ARB install.
Here are a few pic's of my mid size toy.:smiley_drive:

regards,

Jim

I actually had four tabs welded onto the guard. I then had the whole brush guard linexed. Are you serving in the armed forces?

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
I actually had four tabs welded onto the guard. I then had the whole brush guard linexed. Are you serving in the armed forces?
Thanx for the info, I will just weld on some tabs when I get back home for my next break.

Well I "served" in the USAF for 20 years, now I'm "serving" the armed forces so to speak. These youngsters just cant seem to fix airplanes buy themselves...... :ylsmoke:

regards,

Jim

helcaraxe

Hey everyone, I'm new here.
These are my two full size pick-ups...

Great looking trucks and welcome to the forum.:bike_rider:
What type of lift on your 2005? I have the same year f350 and have been considering a lift but dont want to sacrifice hauling capability.

Regards,

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the welcome and for asking about the lift! The '05 has a Fabtech 6" lift (replacement coils up front, blocks in the rear.. it's relatively level!) with 37" tires -- clears them with only very minimal rubbing at full lock on the trailing arms. It's not the most expensive or 'best' lift kit on the market, but if you're on a budget I would highly recommend it over the other major brands in the same (or slightly cheaper) price range (+/- $1000-$1200 range). The ride is great. Best decision I could have made with the F250.

-Jesse

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Thanx for the info, I will just weld on some tabs when I get back home for my next break.

Well I "served" in the USAF for 20 years, now I'm "serving" the armed forces so to speak. These youngsters just cant seem to fix airplanes buy themselves...... :ylsmoke:

regards,

Jim

Well thank you for your service then and now Jim. I really appreciate it. So what part of Alaska are you from? Any chance of you heading down for the overland expo

OTR

Adventurer
Great pics, makes me homesick(I'm in Afghanistan)My daughter was telling me a few days ago about riding her snowmachine out under the northern lights.

thanks for sharing:coffeedrink:

Regards

Jim

It's a pleasure!!

Thanks for your service to our country and stay safe so you can come home and snowmachine with your daughter next year.

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Well thank you for your service then and now Jim. I really appreciate it. So what part of Alaska are you from? Any chance of you heading down for the overland expo

Thank you guys for your appreciation. :victory:
We live in south central Alaska, just barely north of Hawaii.
With the cost of fuel and tight schedule I don't think a road trip out of Alaska will happen this year. But just being in Alaska with all there is to do, a trip outside just isn't that necessary is it?? :wings:

regards,

jim

Last edited:

2500ak

Observer
Greetings 2500AK,
Its great to see more Alaskans on the board.
What are your plans for the new toy?

regards,

Jim

Well, I got it for $500, and just about everything on it works now. Driver side door works again, fixed the 8000lb winch, rewired the charging system (was falling apart), throttle return spring (that was scary), broken thermostat housing bolts (was infuriating). Also got the busted out 4wd hubs replaced (surprisingly easy).

DSC_0472.jpg

DSC_0469-1.jpg

DSC_0468-1.jpg

I'm still tying up a few loose ends. Waiting on parts mostly. Float for the fuel sender should be here this week (it'll be good to have a fuel gauge again), tach should also get here too. Needs new floor panels also.

The lively 390 engine was working great, fires right up at -20F. but now somethings up with cylinder 5. Either the valve or seat is burnt, and the stem seal is bad, or cylinder has bad rings. Oil keeps seeping in there and fouling up the plug, gives the engine a slight misfire.

I'm on the verge of just letting my wallet take the hit and having it rebuilt, mainly because I've got my heart set on 445 stroker with aluminum heads. No matter how terrible mileage it will get.

As is, it's drivable so I've been driving it. It's a lot of fun, I've come to really enjoy manual steering, brakes, clutch, and trans. A lot less between you and the road.

After the motor? Rear locker, fuel cell in a bed box, gear vendors OD, maybe even fuel injection. Haven't really made up my mind.

My plan is to get the truck all situated, then have it be my Fairbanks truck for when I transfer back up to UAF.

I'll park it next to my last project, which is currently on the back burner.

P1010156.jpg

P1010157.jpg

centexan

Observer

I wish it was mine. I'm actually admiring it myself. My 2000 Z71 is pretty stock right now. It has Hedman headers, flowmasters, I upgraded the to newer 17" factory wheels and Nitto tires. I have already added the factory aux battery tray and have a 1000 inverter for under the rear seat to hook up. I will be ordering the dual battery isolater soon and buying a matching pair of Optima batteries. Once I get that installed, I will be adding a cb, etc. I love the tahoes that I'm seeing on here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz