What to put on my winch bumper?

patoz

Expedition Leader
Don't want a winch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In that case, you could box it in and make a compartment to carry some of your other recovery gear, like snatch straps, ropes, chains, shackles, gloves, etc.

SoCal Tom

Explorer
In that case, you could box it in and make a compartment to carry some of your other recovery gear, like snatch straps, ropes, chains, shackles, gloves, etc.

I like that idea, does anyone make a box that doesn’t block too much air flow?

patoz

Expedition Leader
I like that idea, does anyone make a box that doesn't block too much air flow?

Not to my knowledge. I think this would have to be something custom built to fit your space. If the box was no higher than the bumper itself, I don't think it would block any more air than a winch would, but every application is different. You could also make it out of expanded metal and just use it to carry wet, dirty ropes, etc. while off-roading.

Chili

Explorer
I like that idea, does anyone make a box that doesn't block too much air flow?

I bet a winch would fit in there perfectly.
Maybe an ammo can for storage for any recovery equipment?

Not a bad idea actually.. A fat 50 can with a lock mod though the mounting holes for the winch may be a bit too spread.. Maybe attach the can to a plate and mount the plate to the bumper. Good place for a kinetic rope, shackles and some gloves.

Last edited:

patoz

Expedition Leader
Chili, is that a standard 50 or a fat 50? I'm planning on getting a Viair also, and I like that idea.

patoz

Expedition Leader
Great, that's what I'm going to do then. I was thinking of using a Pelican case or something similar, but this is much cheaper and will protect it just as well.

Thanks for the info...!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles