2000 Blazer ZR2

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Hi! everybody, this seems like a great forum:)
Well I have been looking into a 2000 Blazer ZR2 with 57k miles, sunroof and good tires, never seen off-road nor trails, one owner, I could purchase this vehicle to explore and save my Lexus LX-450 for more remote areas!The price should be at 7995.00 very clean!
Any suggestions or comments!

Attachments

• DSC02939.jpg
    DSC02939.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 2

datrupr

Expedition Leader
2 Door model?? I think it would be a great builder project. And you would be getting it for what seems to me like a good price.

Attachments

• IMAG0189.jpg
    IMAG0189.jpg
    510.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0188.jpg
    IMAG0188.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0191.jpg
    IMAG0191.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0194.jpg
    IMAG0194.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 0

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
I believe, that the ZR2, is one of the few that have a lift kit available. If you decide to purchase this and plan on taking it off road, make sure to test the 4WD system on it. I know that down here in AZ, a few of the Blazers have A/C issues and their 4WD stock system is not the greatest. Not to discourage you, but I would look into a few other vehicles, that are a bit more capable off road, stock, unless you plan to put a bunch on money into it to make it more capable. Then again it depends on what you consider a "trail" too. If you plan on dirt road and light crawling you should be fine, and in fact this might be the perfect rig for you to learn in. But beware of the "Bug." Once you go out you will want to go further and push your vehicle further, and you should consider the amount of aftermarket products available to make your vehicle more capable of what you want to acheive.

Each owner has their own capabilities and wants, and try their best to get their rig set up to acheive that, thus why each rig is completely different from the one next to it.

My recomendations to you are to compare what you want and what you think you need. I am not certian what you are looking for but I would recomend comparing it to the following vehicles:
Nissan Xtera
Nissan Fontier
Toyota Tacoma
Toyota 4Runner

I only am recomending the 4 above because I have friends that own the above and each person loves their truck.

In your post you said you will use it to "explore." You will want to look at the skidplates and make sure that if you get hung up on a rock or tree stump, that the skid plate will hold the weight of the vehicle and not puncture the oil pan, ect. For example on my buddy's 2002 Blazer (4door) it has a plastic skid, that limits him from following me in some locations. Yeah, he could go around, but that would take him off the trail and a big NO NO! So he is now in search of a new skid plate. He is also having slight problems with lifting the Blazer, as the lift kit for his vehicle are not that common and quite expensive for a moderate 3" lift.

Just do your homework (looks like you are) and go from that point as to what you think is best for your specific needs, then Mod it up to your likings!

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Let us know what you end up with.

Wil

Scott Brady

Founder
I would proceed with caution on that decision. There are several on this board that have owned ZR2's and can speak in detail. I know that overheating is a real issue, and ergonomics were a challenge for me when I tested one.

In that price point, if you wanted a fun and reliable trail rig, my recommendation would be either an Xterra or Jeep Cherokee XJ (the boxy one). Both would make an excellent choice and have good aftermarket support.

Best of luck, and very nice to see you over here! ;)

Attachments

• mallcrawl.JPG
    mallcrawl.JPG
    466.9 KB · Views: 3
  • submission photo.JPG
    submission photo.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4036.JPG
    IMG_4036.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4034.JPG
    IMG_4034.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Wondering.jpg
    Wondering.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 0

UncleChris

Adventurer
I had a 96 Jimmy with the offroad package.

It had the swing out spare tire carrier. One day I noticed that the body was tearing right above the mount points(40k miles).

I took it to the dealer, they told me to call 1800GMCxxxx who told me to take it to the dealer. So I took it to a Jeep dealer and bought a XJ.

Much better vehicle(XJ) in my opinion.

Too bad they stopped making them.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Scott, I can believe you didn't recommend a Trooper for that price point. But, aftermarket support is very limited for the Troopers. But, they are very solid and quite capable.

Scott Brady

Founder
I agree Aaron. The Trooper is an excellent choice. It is more of a mid-sized SUV though. I was thinking more trail rig/compact SUV in my suggestion.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Thank you all for the comments, I think I will pass on this vehicle, a good price on the wrong product is not a good deal!

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
eurorom said:
Thank you all for the comments, I think I will pass on this vehicle, a good price on the wrong product is not a good deal!

Hey Let us know what you end up with. I think Peterson's Mag had a great write up on a Lexus that they made very trail worthy! Might want to follow their idea's and see where it leads you.

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
Well I may just continue with my Lexus LX-450 and beg my wife to let me use her Hummer in the trails once in a great while, furtheremore I think my Lx-450 is better and more capable off-road then the Hummer! :luxhello:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    535.8 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    537.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    529.1 KB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    568.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 2
S

Scenic WonderRunner

..............hehe!

Euro!

You crack me up!

It's not exactly like you are hurting for off road vehicles in your family!.....LOL :elkgrin:

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
:wavey: Well I just wanted to have an inexpensive toy to trash :victory: However I will play some more with my LX-450 :wavey:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles