Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Expression of Interest - WA Trip May 2018.

On that maintenance and service note. Can anyone recommend a thorough and reasonably priced truck mechanic service preferably northern end of Sunshine Coast?

My last experience with a Noosaville outfit resulted in a number of jobs not done and a partially engaged hydraulic winch at the pto which made changing gears somewhat I interesting until I found the cause.

By the way, I will be removing the 15000lb Superwinch and pump ,tank etc as our front axle weight is way over on our ex army 637. Talk about over-engineered! Has created a few weight related headaches with the body designed to sling the entire vehicle onto a ship or dangle from a Chinook. I like the paint job though!😁

Winch will be for sale to interested parties...probably never used, truck had 24 k when we got it...as new...almost. Cheers, Neil

Quote Originally Posted by WhereisFranklin View Post
    On that maintenance and service note. Can anyone recommend a thorough and reasonably priced truck mechanic service preferably northern end of Sunshine Coast?

My last experience with a Noosaville outfit resulted in a number of jobs not done and a partially engaged hydraulic winch at the pto which made changing gears somewhat I interesting until I found the cause.

By the way, I will be removing the 15000lb Superwinch and pump ,tank etc as our front axle weight is way over on our ex army 637. Talk about over-engineered! Has created a few weight related headaches with the body designed to sling the entire vehicle onto a ship or dangle from a Chinook. I like the paint job though!😁

Winch will be for sale to interested parties...probably never used, truck had 24 k when we got it...as new...almost. Cheers, Neil
    Neil...... I didn't know you were here in Noosa. Viewing the forum on my phone doesn't display posters location like on my laptop??? Anyway the best (IMO) Canter guy around is right here in Noosaville but he doesn't do outside work not would he have the time. I do know another guy in Yandina who also does fleet maintenace but may look at some extra work. PM me if you want to know more. Who did you get to do the work before?

Hi John (think that's correct&#129300,

Yup, am at B Point. I noticed on your profile a windsurfer, I try to get out on the lake as much as possible, been a bit uncooperative recently though!

The mechanic I have supported over the last couple of years is Noosa Car and Truck/4wd Obsession. Unfortunately won't be continuing due to a range of issues.

I'm aware of Alf in Yandina, does he do the ATW diffs and other bits? Often try to coincide the annual COI with a service but found Alf doesn't do them anymore.

Your Noosaville man is attached to Adventure Tours, as per the link earlier?

I'll pm you to see if you have any other gems.

Thanks for link to discussion, seems fgs are fairly bullet proof although chassis require some vigilance.

Neil

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12