Favorite Modification?

SoCal Tom

Explorer
What's your favorite modification you've done to your trailer? Some little thing that you really appreciate.
I'll start.
I added some low cost solar-motion sensor lights to each side of my teardrop. Now if I have to get up and walk the dog in the middle of the night the light comes on and I can see where my shoes are and make sure there are no snakes. No wiring to worry about, no batteries to replace. Easy Peasy,
IMG_1527.jpg

R Thomas

Observer
Great idea for a forum thread. I am looking forward to following this one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

frq flyr

Observer
Looking forward to this thread! Picked up our first trailer, SoCal teardrop 510xs a couple months ago.

Best mod so far: tempur-pedic topper from Costco, and the perfect fit double sleeping bag from Teton.

rnArmy

Adventurer
Putting a cooler tray on the front of the trailer so I could remove the cooler from the inside of the trailer. Gave me a lot more room inside the tub.
Cover.2.jpg

jamonsote

Amateur Adventurist
LED lighting is my favorite mod so far. Was pretty cheap, can change it to a dozen different colors, and is remote controlled.

Attachments

• 1A78B19E-561E-4978-8F2A-EEC31138A7A9.jpg
    1A78B19E-561E-4978-8F2A-EEC31138A7A9.jpg
    525.4 KB · Views: 35

jamonsote

Amateur Adventurist
I used acrylic LED tubes and screwed them to the inside of the perimeter frame rails. They are all in series so if one breaks it’s an easy swap, but the acrylic has held up well. Control module is in the tongue box with the rest of the gizmos.

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Good way to get camp light for sure.

No real big mods on mine yet but here is my favorite. dumped the surge brakes and built my own tongue.

Attachments

• IMG_4027.jpg
    IMG_4027.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 38

SoCal Tom

Explorer
Another little thing
Command hook over the windows for jackets
f20f3fc2d11fe8966d5e2c90ace7b35b.jpg
a72c3bc1887df0f604ebc9a9766c1c11.jpg

Jackets are handy when you need them, blocks light and cold air from Windows while sleeping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jacobconroy

Hillbilly of Leisure
I bought a camp table that is the perfect size to put in the vestibule on my trailer RTT. It has been a great add-on and it's nice to avoid setting stuff in the dirt.

That being said, my favorite mod was to put a different RTT on the tow vehicle and leave the trailer at home.

Steve F

Adventurer
Made some pole tubes, frees up a storage area behind the fridge slide and moves a lot of weight over the wheels and off the tongue.

y4mAl0y6eDvUSeD8Bt1p1Mk7Q-0iZSM45WjdJ0pLyeCiAL2E_DfH6i8NntvmZa530YJHqQgOaoulAIsv5JveJbc6ejElk3DmR5d42zim3JUZ0hbBZeWyvEfNAJVswFIkPlSNgoe-9oQ7DC48Vl1TZGuT1BvGiOfnZ42xDtJQoWL7VaZU6oRFgsVss36CzgptamaR_Wwrh7vGoJ7pmBAC_6WLw

y4m5aNmxBmKdi9ugJLsS5hmFlAsKWgmtozWKUGDCmhPVir5V4jL5ZgtqICgS8V3c8v4Tj8hgoz8qXzn5e3_52GWZVQM3Ce3WmntOuu-sn8iTfnXE_v5BUxdanxaAtf0PGEDCUBWmGRIIHPQN1noUFQsOn6aOZShJNIzkisGv64UuxFim-oiVUbi0quYw2e8ej9A_JhxdgMlsKhUxL4S7iOCSw

Cheers
Steve

ChrisInSantaFe

Nice mod, but for me I would be inconvenienced by being spotlighted while relieving myself at night, when I don't typically bother to walk to wherever you're supposed to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles