WinterBus

Saguache

Adventurer
EGR Delete

Okay, the EGR delete is done. It's a time-consuming thing, but not too difficult to make happen.

1) Remove driver's side seat.
2) Remove turbo bay cover
3) Remove air intake channel (including steel middle with 2x 12mm bolts)
4) Unplug all vacuum tubes
5) Detach two 12mm bolts from top of EGR which hold the EGR valve assembly to the turbo
6) Remove both 12mm nuts and washers which hold the lower end EGR to the exhaust manifold
7) Remove EGR assembly from engine bay
8) Use EGR assembly (the seals work really well for this) to template delete plates
9) Fabricate delete plates top and bottom
10) Install delete plates top and bottom
- I repurposed the 12mm bolts that hold the EGR valve to the EGR intake to mount the upper EGR delete plate to the turbo
- The lower nuts and washers will fit over the existing studs on the manifold
11) Reverse steps 4 to 1 and test the engine

img_20180113_104444.jpg

img_20180113_114022.jpg

img_20180113_120906.jpg

img_20180113_132855.jpg

img_20180113_133554.jpg

PPCLI_Jim

Adventurer
Arg you guys are killing me... I guess im calling the bank and asking for a loan... Then its off to Vancouver to pick one up.

the fuel pump switch looks.... like a fuel cutoff switch on any other pump. it may be a de fueling switch to avoid over rev fueling- a governor. or it could just be a warning indicator of some kind.
i go look at my diesel... see if i can help better than this ramble.

sea foam is an effective de carbonizer of intakes. so too is water/ meth injection using your windshield washer reservoir and re routing the hose. or sea foam in yur washer tank.....

note on sea foam , that outrageously over priced concoction, reading the sds, its mineral spirits and alcohol. heet. however it does work as advertised.

im also fond of dumping large amounts of canola oil in my fuel; 5 or more gallons to a tank. this is an effective sludge removal.... canola does not get gooey like veg oil...

Reactions: lev

Saguache

Adventurer
Cool, I'll keep this in mind. I've been using a different additive for the time being, but I need to pick up another box.

Saguache

Adventurer
the fuel pump switch looks.... like a fuel cutoff switch on any other pump. it may be a de fueling switch to avoid over rev fueling- a governor. or it could just be a warning indicator of some kind.
i go look at my diesel... see if i can help better than this ramble.

I traced the wire back to a relay for the AC compressor. At high revs its supposed to shut down the AC compressor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles