Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Propex HS2000 installation discussion - ducting

Quote Originally Posted by JCDriller View Post
    No way I'd cut a hole in the roof of my Jeep.
    LOL, yup. The idea has given me pause. It would be wicked cool to pop up the tent, plug in the propane, and turn on the thermostat though.
    Jeep JK 2-Door built thread
    '07 Jeep JK Wrangler Sahara
    '16 Subaru Outback
    '12 Adventure Trailers Chaser
    Eezi-Awn Globetrotter
    James Baroud Espace
    JeepKitchen
    Propex H2000

Quote Originally Posted by javajoe79 View Post
    Honestly sounds like you need warmer sleeping bags and or a camper.
    That's what I was thinking. Until hit hits 10, a good bag is all you need

Quote Originally Posted by jacobconroy View Post
    LOL, yup. The idea has given me pause. It would be wicked cool to pop up the tent, plug in the propane, and turn on the thermostat though.
    What if you installed a pair of kayak access ports? They are easy to install, Black, available in any number of sizes, cheap and water tight.
    2016 Toyota 4Runner TEP Mag Grey
    SOLD BRUZER 2014 Hydro Blue JKU Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JCDriller View Post
    What if you installed a pair of kayak access ports? They are easy to install, Black, available in any number of sizes, cheap and water tight.
    Thank you sir. I had no idea these existed. I wouldn't mind putting holes in the side of the JK top. They are cheap and have multiple sizes. come in black too!

I could permanently mount the Propex inside and pick ports large enough to allow for supple, return, and the propane hose to run through at camp. Maybe built some plates to mount inside the ports to allow friction-fit couplers for the hoses. Meaning that the supply and return in the Jeep are permanently installed. At camp you could just remove the Kayak port and plug in another insulated extension to the tent.

My thought is that having the Propex running inside the Jeep will keep the internal temp above freezing at night. Could store water in there and keep the NL Power Pack above freezing too.

I have a feeling I'm going to do this or something similar this spring.
    Jeep JK 2-Door built thread
    '07 Jeep JK Wrangler Sahara
    '16 Subaru Outback
    '12 Adventure Trailers Chaser
    Eezi-Awn Globetrotter
    James Baroud Espace
    JeepKitchen
    Propex H2000

I have measured the hot air from the heater at 104’F. That will perish most flexible hose unless it’s lined with reflective inner hose. Temperature ratings on ducting is rated for 10 minutes you see the damage when you exceed that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyn View Post
    I have measured the hot air from the heater at 104’F. That will perish most flexible hose unless it’s lined with reflective inner hose. Temperature ratings on ducting is rated for 10 minutes you see the damage when you exceed that point.
    104°F ?? Thats just a hot summer day. That wont hurt anything but a chocolate bar. You sure 104 is right ???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12