Thread: Greater Treasure Valley (Idaho) Meet up - 01/04/18

Default Greater Treasure Valley (Idaho) Meet up - 01/04/18

I've seen some talk around the forums for a meet up for southern Idaho / Treasure Valley but no dates.

So I thought I would take the plunge and set one up for after the holidays.

So here goes:

Date: Thursday, January 4, 2018.
    Time: 1900 hrs
    Place: Payette Brewery on River St (733 S Pioneer St, Boise, ID 83702)

I have no idea how that date, time, place works for everyone but I hope it does for a start. We can work on days of the week, times and locations around the valley for future meet ups so we can spread the travel around a bit.

Payette doesn't serve food, but usually has good food trucks. They are super dog friendly and have large tables for meetings. Thursdays are usually a bit slower than other days of the week, so hopefully that works out.

RSVP in this thread below.
    The three rules to Mountaineering: "1 - Look Good. 2 - Act Cool. 3 - Safety Third."

I cannot make that date, but I am definitely following this thread. Thank you for taking the initiative on this. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gorillamel View Post
    I cannot make that date, but I am definitely following this thread. Thank you for taking the initiative on this. :-)
    Glad to hear you're interested.

Sorry about the date. Hopefully enough people will show up that we can look for other days of the week for February that might work for more people next time.
    The three rules to Mountaineering: "1 - Look Good. 2 - Act Cool. 3 - Safety Third."

Sweet! Sounds like a good plan!

I'm open on on weekends. So I'll watch for any changes.

As an aside and sorry for slightly changing the topic, but would there be interest in attending an avalanche awareness course as a group? I know many of us still go out in the backcountry as far as our rigs can take us and then those of us who are even more crazy then hike/snowshoe/ski/climb after that. Is this something that can be discussed at the Jan meeting?

Here is the Sawtooth Avalanche Center's course calendar: https://www.sawtoothavalanche.com/education.php
    I did send them an email asking to clarify between motorised vs snowmobile class. I will let you know their response.

I'm in for a meeting on the 4th. I don't think I have introduced myself around here yet. Moved to Boise a year and a half ago. My adventure vehicle is an old 7.3 IDI F250 with a vintage four wheel camper I have been renovating.

This should be fun. I’ll be there, after all, it’s time to meet some new people.

Northwest overland group does monthly meet and greets to discuss upcoming planned drives & camp trips. We've tagged along on a couple and really we enjoyed ourselves. Really great group of folks. In fact they are meeting tonight at edge brewery to discuss a New Year's Day drive. Wife and I went along on last years drive and it was a lot of fun.

http://northwestoverland.com/forums/...e-south-idaho/

Quote Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
    Northwest overland group does monthly meet and greets to discuss upcoming planned drives & camp trips. We've tagged along on a couple and really we enjoyed ourselves. Really great group of folks
    Yes, they are! I, too, am a member over at NWOL. I couldnít make it to last nightís meet up due to a family party.

I donít really know what the proper protocols are for combining groups, so hopefully there isnít a lot a grief with this. I planned this meet up around NWOLís dates as I didnít want to crash that meet up. With that said, I am also a member of Overland Bound and put this meet up out over with that group as well as with this forum.

I just figured that Expediation Portal isnít so much a group as it is a place to share, where NWOL and OB are places to share, but are actual groups.