Hannibal Safari Awning vs Hannibal 270 degree Awning?

chickadee

Adventurer
Hello all.

My husband and I are having a custom camper built for our Unimog U1300L and are trying to figure out awning solutions for the rear of it (88 inches). I have spoken to Hannibal in South Africa and we can either go with the standard Safari Awning in a custom size 2.2M or the 270 degree awning that collapses down to 2.2M. We have experience with the Safari Awning as we have one on our 80's series Land Cruiser. It is super robust and easy to use.

We haven't found too many reviews on the 270 degree awning and were interested if anyone on the forum has experience with them.
Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance...

80t0ylc

Hill & Gully Rider
If it's built anywhere as sturdy as the Alu-Cab Shadow - I'd get the 270*. There is no disadvantage, when collapsed and put away for the road - basically same size, right? The advantage of having more shade is almost a no-brainer. As long as it doesn't interfere with anything on your Unimog and you have full function of all accessories. As you know, though, the bigger the awning - the more it's a target for wind damage. Sudden strong gusts are the worst - one has to be anal about keeping it tied down or put away in such conditions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke