Where to Buy Roof Seal for Skamper Pop-up Truck Camper

Archkid

Hi Everyone,
I have a 1989 072s Skamper pop-up truck camper. I am replacing the canvas and want to replace the roof seal rubber gasket that runs in a track in the roof portion of the pop-up. I know some of you Skamper owners have done restorations of your pop-up and must have found a place to buy the roof seal. Please let me know where you found it, I have looked everywhere but have had no luck.

Thanks so much,
Claire

RoofSealSideView.jpgRoof Seal.jpgRoofSealCorner.jpg

Archkid

In case anyone is having this problem, I finally solved it by calling Northstar. Christy at Northstar was a big help. Northstar carries this gasket for $2.00 a foot. Well worth it since I had been repeatedly told this gasket was no longer made.
Claire

jstingray1975

Hi Everyone,
I have a 1989 072s Skamper pop-up truck camper. I am replacing the canvas and want to replace the roof seal rubber gasket that runs in a track in the roof portion of the pop-up. I know some of you Skamper owners have done restorations of your pop-up and must have found a place to buy the roof seal. Please let me know where you found it, I have looked everywhere but have had no luck.

Thanks so much,
Claire

View attachment 427472View attachment 427473View attachment 427474
Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much,
Claire

View attachment 427472View attachment 427473View attachment 427474
[/
Claire do you have a part number for that gasket? I’m replacing mine as well on a 94 skamper
Thanks Johnny

justints

Hi, I am new to the board and reviving this thread - I hope that this is acceptable with all of you - if not, please let me know and I'll start a new thread.

I have a '93 Skamper 17C that I am renovating. I've stripped it down to the boards, refinished the roof and ceiling, rewired the vehicle lights and interior, added a PV system, repainted the interior, rebuilt some rotted corners in the floor, and am now starting to put it all back together. I am in the same boat as the OP, I can't find the roof seals anywhere. I am unable to find the "Northstar" referenced by the OP.

I have a couple of questions. Would anyone be able to point me to Northstar - phone#, or web address? Failing finding the seals, could I just use something like a contemporary adhesive D seal like this, or perhaps even a garage door bulb seal with track from somewhere like NorthShoreDoor.

I look forward to your thoughts.

skamper bulb seal.jpg

justints

Have a look at POPUPPARTS.COM part #PA-STAR2204-1001 made for 3/8" slot

Thanks for your input! I looked at this seal but I think the rubber that joins the top of the T to the bulb is too wide for the track. Their part " PA-ATLA0591 " looks like it might fit. I have a note in with them. I'll follow up here with their response.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles