Uwharrie camp location?

Redman333

Adventurer
I am renting an offroad teardrop trailer out of Raleigh from rove rentals. I will be camping from dec 10-14th. I have class to go to in Greensboro for work and my company ok'd paying for the gas and trailer rental so thats free yay. My dad will be camping with me but staying with the trailer during they while I'm in class.

My question is where can I find a camp location thats as primitive as I can get that will allow the trailer. I will also need to be able to re-filll the water tank on the trailer also at some point since I will need to be able to take showers while I'm out there since I still have to go to class each day. The camp site doesn't have to have water access as long as I can drive to get it.

Heres the trailer in case anyone is interested.
C03A4583.jpg

pinzmog

Sent you a response to the Private message but it seems it was truncated........I sent a second with my email address, contact me direct and i'll send the information again.

tarditi

Explorer
TIL Rove Rentals is a thing! - Try the Horse Camp for trailer ease... not primitive, but definitely trailer friendly

Redman333

Adventurer
Not sure what TIL means but I have heard of the horse camp. Pinzmog above gave me some really good info and I’m hoping I’ll be able to find a good spot. Thanks again Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rlynch356

Defyota
I was going to give you some ideas but looks like your out there now.. A group of us are going to be there friday camping at the training center across from the outpost and hitting the trails.

Redman333

Adventurer
Picked up the trailer. Had a few issues with it. The hitch receiver they had was too tight to fit. The powder coating on it was very thick and caused it to get stuck in the receiver ony vehicle. Ended up having to hook a tow strap to it to pull it out. The owner Brian went to the closest auto parts store and bought a new one and swapped the hitch over and got it working for me. Really good guy. Maybe an hour delay but it wasn't a big deal as I had planned for some issues somewhere in the trip.

Was very surprised how equiped the trailer is. It has nearly everything I needed. I brought a lot just because I wasn't sure but next time I think all I will bring is my recovery gear, some tools, food and a shower. The trailer has pretty much everything else. Has a water heater, 26 gallon tank, fridge, grill, table, sink, pots, pans, plates, bowls, silverware, cups, blankets, pillows and even towels. It even has some rugs you can place outside. Also has a quiet generator, invert and extension cable. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but you get the idea. The pic is from after I picked up the trailer and had to get some gas for the rest of my trip.

0e6b6b6ad6166bf33379cfe760c803d4.jpg

This is when we first arrived at the camp site. This is about the only day time pic I have. I have to leave the camp site before daylight and get back to camp right at sun down. My dad has a few more pics I'll get later.

ee7665390cddca11cbf7653523112cf4.jpg

The camp all setup minus the shower tent.

71ab552a12f811201a21dddc594c44ad.jpg

b4a7615d8b2d6cac8d696c79e906757a.jpg

5c91404539a161464c0792ea010e4f67.jpg

a0c4b10f6e4d784cd7774bc25466ee1b.jpg

c3f1b8ebad735aa022bd1e6052074bc9.jpg

104257daf2960fe19aa3b153de97e1b2.jpg

I got the inside temp to almost 80 when going to bed and then again when I'd wake up. Didn't use the heater all night. I used my own Mr buddy heater for this.
33fa8ab81bf2c96cdf02f1c81e283faa.jpg

Got to try out a bulls ebike also while I was here. This thing was a blast!
128c6b7cfd8f24b950ca2321bdd2be4d.jpg

So I wanted to use this trailer this week to see if I'd like having it. I'm still camping out until Thursday but so far I can say I absolutely love having it. It makes camping so much nicer and easier.

Anarchy Joe

Observer
sweet set up, the rove guys are top notch they brought their set ups to blue ridge overland and set up a demo for the trailer. very impressed with
the trailer and the service these guys give..

kdj

Observer
Hey redman333 or pizmog mind shearing your camp location. Im planning on passing through Uwharrie last week in march for my boys spring brake. I gave a reservation at the campground to be safe but your site looks more my taste. PM me if you dont want to post thanks

Redman333

Adventurer
Hey redman333 or pizmog mind shearing your camp location. Im planning on passing through Uwharrie last week in march for my boys spring brake. I gave a reservation at the campground to be safe but your site looks more my taste. PM me if you dont want to post thanks

Hey bud. Here's the location that I camped at. Really liked it. It's a bit hard to find level ground but can be done so be prepared for that. Otherwise it was nice.

https://goo.gl/maps/djL8MVENL6m 35°24'03.0"N 80°05'13.6"W

You'll pass some other spots on the way to this location also so you can pick which one you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kdj

Observer
Thanks, of the confirmation. Spotted it after looking at you pictures closer and flying by on google earth. Will ad it to the mix.

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
Just a warning. This can be a popular (loud) spot on weekends and warmer weather. It is also used as a boat (kayak) launch. It is a pretty spot when quiet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles