Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Debating moving from a 100 series to a Titan Pro-4x

Quote Originally Posted by WiscoinChicago View Post
    That's exactly what I'm looking for. I had an Xterra Off-Road (precursor to Pro-4x) with the elocker and loved it. Do you guys know if the Pro-4x gets any kind of factory lift over the regular titan? I believe the Xterra and Frontier each got a 1" lift to fit bigger tires, but I can't tell if the Titan did. I know it has bigger tires that the normal one though.
    My wife has a 2010 Titan SV Crew Cab and sitting side by side they're pretty close to the same height. If there's any difference I'd chock it up to tread depth/pattern more than anything else.
    1998 Stewart and Stevenson M1078
    2010 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4x4
    2015 Nissan Titan Crew Cab Pro 4X
    http://overlandroad.life/

Thanks for the head's up. The stock size on the Pro-4x are 275/70R18, which is incidentally the same size I have on my cruiser. I'd like to go up to 295/70R18, to gain a little more ground clearance.

No lift, but does sit 1" taller due to the 33" tires.

I have a 2011 Nissan Titan Pro-4x CC that is moderately built with a 3.0" suspension lift, 35x12.50" BFG ATs, ARB front Bumper w/ Warn M12000 winch, Ruenell rear bumper, RRO rock sliders and Leer camper/topper. I am the original owner and it has been a great truck. I have considered selling it on occasion, however I always decided to keep it. The only complaint is the fuel economy, or lack thereof, however it is a 1/2 truck after-all. Several years ago I almost purchased a well-built 1999 Toyota 100 Series Land Cruiser and upon test driving the LC, I was shocked at how anemic the 4.7L V8 felt compared to my Titans 5.6L V8. The size of the vehicle takes some getting used to but is worth it to have the convenience and payload of the bed which I have covered by a camper topper so it is weather proof.

Cheers

Yeah, while durable the engine is not powerful. I'm working with a stomping 235 hp in mine. 320 torques isn't bad and the 5-speed in the 2003+ saves it, but no one will say its overpowered. Considering the Titan CC and the 100 series weigh almost the same, the extra 80hp will be very welcome. I believe the Titan is rated for slightly better MPG too.

Do you get any rub with your lift and tires? From what I've read the 2008+ are better suited to the larger tire sizes, but I haven't found anything conclusive. I would prefer to stay narrow, like a 285/75 or 295/70, which should help too.

Yeah, while durable the engine is not powerful. I'm working with a stomping 235 hp in mine. 320 torques isn't bad and the 5-speed in the 2003+ saves it, but no one will say its overpowered. Considering the Titan CC and the 100 series weigh almost the same, the extra 80hp will be very welcome. I believe the Titan is rated for slightly better MPG too.

Do you get any rub with your lift and tires? From what I've read the 2008+ are better suited to the larger tire sizes, but I haven't found anything conclusive. I would prefer to stay narrow, like a 285/75 or 295/70, which should help too.
    I had to perform the "pinch-weld mod" which basically meant trimming the inner-fender plastic and then reattaching the push-pin fasteners. I also replaced the factory UCAs with an aftermarket brand when I installed the coilovers. It will still slightly rub at full lock if the suspension articulates up or down but mot very much. Prior to my 35's I had the metric equivalent of 34x11.50s and the 35s seem to ride a bit nicer but probably a BFG vs. Nitto rather than the size.

Cheers

Do you think you would have rubbing issues if you went narrower? Are the edges of the tread rubbing (width issue) or is the middle of the tread rub (diameter issue), or both?

Do you think you would have rubbing issues if you went narrower? Are the edges of the tread rubbing (width issue) or is the middle of the tread rub (diameter issue), or both?
    They definitely rub on the inner-edge of the tread due to the tire width.

Cheers

Until about 3 weeks ago, I had a 2015 Titan Pro-4X. I can tell you it was a great truck in most ways. Mileage could be better, but it was a very capable truck I regularly took on fairly difficult trails here in Colorado. In fact, the only reason I sold it was that my local Nissan dealer made me an offer I couldn't refuse on a 2017 Pro-4X which I think will serve my needs, which include towing a medium sized travel trailer.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you have a lift or anything on it? I saw rocky road has some armor for the titan to protect the shock mounts and rear diff, as well as a u-bolt flip kit. Do you guys think they're worth it? Prices are pretty reasonable, at least compared to parts for my Land Cruiser.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast