Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 4Runner Premium vs '08 Loaded Cruiser

I have had both the 4Runner and several LC's. Two different vehicles. Like the price of the 4Runner but after some period of ownership the cheaper plastic, V-6, etc. just turned me off.

BTW, the 08 LC you had originally posted is here in KC. I saw some pics of the inside of the truck not long ago. Serious weird stains throughout the interior on the wood/etc.
    More mountain and road bikes than I can ride at one time!

Quote Originally Posted by redthies View Post
    You could always grab a primo 100 series!
    I'm very interested in continuing the conversation in this vein. If you had to choose between a 100 series and a 5th gen, which would you choose and why? My local toyota dealer currently has a 16 5th gen for sale for 33k and a 100 series, maybe an 06, with 92k miles for 28k. How did the 5th gen improve on the 100 series or benefit from trickle down technology? How similar are the platforms?

I find the Land Cruiser to be much more comfortable/roomy than the 4Runner (we have both).
    Live The Golden Rule (Or I'll Kill You)

The 100 or the 200?

Quote Originally Posted by chadwicksavage View Post
    I'm very interested in continuing the conversation in this vein. If you had to choose between a 100 series and a 5th gen, which would you choose and why? My local toyota dealer currently has a 16 5th gen for sale for 33k and a 100 series, maybe an 06, with 92k miles for 28k. How did the 5th gen improve on the 100 series or benefit from trickle down technology? How similar are the platforms?
    Love Toyotas, but this is a bit of apples and oranges.
    More mountain and road bikes than I can ride at one time!

The 100 or the 200?
    Both by far.
    Instagram: @uzj_100

Don’t get me wrong. Land cruisers are obviously better built.

But I’m not asking about the quality of the build but of the ease of use. Given the choice between a higher mileage 10 year old cruiser and a newer 5th gen, why would one choose either for North American travel? The occasional backcountry jaunt, 2-3 Long trips each year, daily driver.

While a 100 is a stellar vehicle, the 5th gen must benefit from some of the tech perfected in the 100. At the same time, travel in the US means you wouldn’t be digging around for cast off parts in a South American rural village, you’d be catching a tow to the nearest dealership. So the availability of parts isn’t much of an issue.

So what is the reason one would choose a 10 year old higher mileage vehicle over a newer one for the uses listed above? Something besides “because...Land cruiser”

But I’m not asking about the quality of the build but of the ease of use. Given the choice between a higher mileage 10 year old cruiser and a newer 5th gen, why would one choose either for North American travel? The occasional backcountry jaunt, 2-3 Long trips each year, daily driver.

While a 100 is a stellar vehicle, the 5th gen must benefit from some of the tech perfected in the 100. At the same time, travel in the US means you wouldn’t be digging around for cast off parts in a South American rural village, you’d be catching a tow to the nearest dealership. So the availability of parts isn’t much of an issue.

So what is the reason one would choose a 10 year old higher mileage vehicle over a newer one for the uses listed above? Something besides “because...Land cruiser”
    Comfort, size, fit and finish, need to tow.

Based on the uses you described, I would choose the LC because it is a much more comfortable ride, spacious, and has a V8 (especially if you were to add a lot of weight to it, this would be a big plus). Long trips in the LC are amazing.
    Instagram: @uzj_100

Someone said it earlier. The 100 series is a $70,000 car new. The 4Runner is $40,000. There is a very good reason people pay the extra $30,000. Drive both and you’ll get it.
    '94 Santa Monica Airlines 39" longboard, Indy 159s, Powell AT wheels
    '99 UZJ 100 with OME, 255 ST Max’s and factory locker.
    '14 Dodge 3500 6.7, 68RFE with Thurens, 5100s, 305/70-18 ST Maxxxxxs
    '17 Northern Lite 9-6 Q. Factory ordered to my spec.
    '74 Airstream International 29'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast