Thread: Maxxis Razr MT

Default Maxxis Razr MT

Maxxis has a new mud tire out and are calling it their flagship mud tire. I'm picking a set of 4 up tomorrow 35-12.50R-15 for the XJ. You can get a free watch if you buy from 4wd.com or 4 wheel parts but I found a set local for $810 out the door so no G shock watch for me. I'll be mounting them myself with a manual harbor fright tools because I'll reuse Staun internal beadlocks. Let's hope Jeremy McGrath knows as much about jeep tires as he does motocross. http://www.maxxis.com/razrmt

Not my size but this is how they look. What do you think???

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
    Arizona

I purchased a set of 35x12.5-15 from 4wheel Parts on Black Friday for my 77 Bronco. I've only put about 100 miles on them so far, but they look good, and seem to track and ride better than the gen 1 Goodyear MTR's I replaced. They are a little louder than the MTR's. The watch is junk.

No 16s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1997 Toyota FZJ80, OME 2.5" Lift, SC Lights 20" LED Light Bar, 285/75/16 Cooper ST Maxx's, Custom Interior Tire Mount, BIOR Tube Bumper/Sliders, Engo 12k Winch, Homemade Roof Rack, Slee Headlight Harness, Factory Locked

1989 Mazda B2600i 4x4 project/DD

My Radventures Blog

No 16" sizes or did I just miss that section entirely on their website?
    2001 4Runner - Toytec BOSS/890s/AT3Ws/empty wallet

295/70r17 is $252 per tire. Same as Cooper SST Pro. Not sure i want to try something new for the same price.
    2017 Ford F250
    '02 Honda CRF450r,
    '04 Ford Mach1
    '12 Suzuki DRZ400S
    '12 Ducati Panigale 1199S

Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf View Post
    295/70r17 is $252 per tire. Same as Cooper SST Pro. Not sure i want to try something new for the same price.
    Maxxis is an off road tire company is the why. You are $ buying $ tires the wrong way if you pay that much. Find the small shops or in AZ we call them Mexican tire shops. They can get anything from the warehouses. I paid $810 out the door for 35's. They wanted 50 to mount and balance. The cheapest Black Friday and Christmas deal I could find was over 900 at the retailers and online. Wrestling in the internal Staun Beadlocks was a workout because of tire weight but mounting tires yourself with irons is a lot easier than you would think. Kids can mount truck tires by hand in 3rd world countries. They run true at speed with no weights! I read that was the case with these new Maxxis.

image.jpg

The other thing I noticed is that this tire is HUGE. It's got to be the largest 35x12.50x15 I've ever seen. My old BFG Krawlers were the really tall as well and most thought they were 37's. The tire shop guys looked at the sticker and sidewall 3 times to make sure these were 35's.

image.jpg

Load range C at 9 PSI. They are still new but these things are one heavy beast of a tire.

image.jpg

The old Krawlers have sidewall plugs but were great tires. To be honest I was hoping for a smaller, less aggressive and lighter tire than the BFG Krawler but the new Maxxis is a beast as well that runs true and quiet. They roll smoother on the ruff trails but getting air at 45 will is over for now. Well at least until the newness wears off and I get the hang of how these handle the speed. That means if I don't start popping them they are in for a real beating. My old tire with sidewall plugs.

image.jpg

So far so good and I'd say if you want a real mud tire that's not a glorified street tire then get them.
    Arizona

Summit has them, but still, not going to save $$:
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/m...0100/overview/

I'll swing by North Gateway tire, they pop up in Google: "Maxxis Ohio".

The STT Pro's are available in 285/75r17 tall skinnys as well.
    2017 Ford F250
    '02 Honda CRF450r,
    '04 Ford Mach1
    '12 Suzuki DRZ400S
    '12 Ducati Panigale 1199S