Looking For A Folding Seat/Bed

I've been searching seat that I can use for 2nd row seating but also folds flat into a bed. I've searched for conversion van seats but I must be using the wrong search terms. Anyone know what those things would be called or anywhere I can buy one?

My other option is see what's in a junkyard which I may do tomorrow if time allows.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
There is a dearth of rock-n-roll style beds available in North America. Cheapest option is to find a conversion-van bench from Craigslist or a Junkyard. My first bench/bed was $100, but wasn't 100% flat, which got old after a couple of years. I looked at the available choices, and there are only a few that are RVIA-certified, so if that matters to you, you're going to have to bite the money bullet.

Eventually, I decided to fab my own. Project begins with this post and proceeds over a couple of pages.

Thank you both for the links. I'm going to start browsing today. I think we have some u-pull-it yards around the area that I need to check out which is something I used to love doing but haven't done for years. My only hesitation is buying what could equate to someone else's well-used mattress. (gross!)

I don't need seat belts, just a socket end or a way to install the ones I have since the shoulder belts are in the van body. I'll see what's out there. Main thing is just finding something that will mount to the floor properly.

RVflyfish

Fishing is life. The rest is details.
Have you seen the sneak peek of the one MG is developing for the Transit and E-series? He might be able to adapt it to an Express. Post #47 here.

silvrzuki77

explorer
b0304b0d45b07bdd9f25212644ea9aaa.jpg
d95d8933876d8fd5ee1b2753b668c7a6.jpg

In Las Vegas. Pm me if interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles