KRONK , my 99 obs tahoe(for sale)

03tahoe

Cool seeing other Tahoes in Oregon. One of these days I'll recreate my build thread on Expo. Here it is last weekend on the coast at Ft. Stevens State Park.

qF45CUJbHCL5k0dF_xU5M187KiALxb0DYT8KUa-Ua6DqQIre6o7dM4C8tSohinZO1ponJ_nkkAynd6BzENBZR4WVkgO_7FjFXXrOchZx27viKMFoMGVOppm6IEmZkF10z5bMHnNxjseF06D_XdobvR3MuIARoCYU2ehjdgb4J9uooRepgzx5XX1y9WrRdFqvZr_xrwyo-8QYNSiuwSML6sLY1SI3XJHNTnJZItGbfAmsucEFQH9aV9l7cvYCU7X7o2CK3Zvrd8_ExeivtTAwyirY4BFMXYhxWLpTKbpDZ7VCcRw_I0NBIYMFZfVqYIf22Tj7W1YmTSpMmjnZyEnnnIBMEwpbnLjqH3Yyr5Avb5st-UMdW7g4iZRIVCTEMD0L4_4MjTouDzc1beHFeFNmj4bTf17ARzQWDHcp_8b0s_QBUjzeRXqtpglV-H7fNpdqcTSG4mgLqZbkCmAymCqRbCsJechagRVxx3b7EUSnVx_OGog6KlacKmQvDv1_e9nxFzIdVgcaC8ctfj7-8hJhAte2AJQf4U3GpO6ycfWdHk6qv1Ba9nUCG8G0Oc_UFn1uPMO_KfMUw6yEyVO3ElLSRrgY6Cbg_UNIsOQQUZg=w1088-h816-no

Smileyshaun

Observer
shedding some light on the subject .

lighting , we all need more . picked up some cheapy amozon crap china made flush mount led so when i eventually back them into something i dont cry lol

and got some flush sticky mount blue leds to brighten up the cargo area

Smileyshaun

Observer
so when i swapped out the rear springs i had a bit of a surprise.

The u bolt plates are not the brightest design because they act like bowls that collect dirt and water that ends up eating away at the u bolts. I would have done a u bolt flip kit but needed the parts asap so just picked up new block and bolts . As much as I don't like lift blocks I ended up going with an extra inch to level out the Tahoe a little more.

Smileyshaun

Observer
I never seem to be able to get these mileage milestones at a even number . put almost 10k on it sense the fiance bought it for me in mid December .

Smileyshaun

Observer
I wanted a quick and easy way to help dry out wet clothes while adventuring and came up with a simple solution .
took 2 pieces of 1x1 square tube , set them down in the factory cargo cover holes and clamped down the old cargo basket from the forester I use to have . Takes just a couple minutes to pop in.

Smileyshaun

Observer
today's small project , tires are getting down to about 40-50% so figured I'd bust out the tire knife and give them a refresh

Smileyshaun

Observer
Sunday funday , or better named
A Series of Unfortunate Events

Plan for today was to go from Happy Valley up to Timothy Lake the back way through Estacada and then drop down over to olallie Lake to get some end of the season snow playing in.

Day started off great there was actually no snow all the way up to Timothy Lake so we decided to try to take the most indirect route possible to get over to olallie Lake finally hit some snow once we pulled off of a smaller forest service road.

being so late in the year all that's really left as that slushie hard packed snow but after dropping the tires down to 12 PSI remoted along with no problems until we came across a tree that was a little too large to move with the winch so we turned around and tried some other roads none that really connected to the main path we were trying to get on so we turned around and headed down Forest Road 42 also known as Skyline road. Help the guy that his GPS was trying to take him somewhere he shouldn't have been and continued on our way found a good three feet of snow for probably 8 miles or so no real issues at all just a nice enjoyable Drive. After that we were snow free for probably 10 miles or so until we pulled off the main Forest Service Road on to a smaller side one again Noah had no real issues with the snow at all but it was starting to get a lot deeper so I was trying to make it to another side road so it give me somewhere to turn around and that's where things started to going a little sideways.

Hit a pocket of more melted snow that pushed me off to the side of the road a little bit and to some little trees with the rear end but figuring no real issue got the winch out pulled myself back up onto the middle of the road and continue down on our way for another mile until the snow got really deep probably four to five feet and I again slid off slightly from the middle of the road so figured I had no issues again pulled out the winch hooked it up to a tree hit the button nothing. Fiddle with the wiring for a little bit and got the winch to work again sweet only problem was there was no big trees around ended up uprooting a little tree I feel bad about that but got myself pulled forward a little bit more again and decided heck of it we're just going to turn around here so went to side pull with the winch and SNAP!!! there went the winch line . Thankfully it's synthetic so I tied it back together . I was still having issues with the controller working but it seemed to work better on the ladies side of the tahoe so I had her take over , got moved a bit more and went to move the tree strap to a bigger tree and heard the passenger door shut and a loud "OH ******** YOU" door shut on her hand . Thankfully it wasn't all the way in the door and there was something to take some of the impact, unfortunately that something was the winch controller and it broke in half . Got her finger on ice and the controller working again , started getting it spun around and SNAP again line broke about 5 feet in front of my tied knot . fixed that again . decided to dig a path to spin it around and got half way done before the shovel broke . Thankfully my shoveling was enough and we got spun around and back on our way home .

it was still a fun day but I have some fixing to do

Last edited:

Smileyshaun

Observer
after the little mishap with the winch controller I put a switch on the dash so I don't have to drag the controller inside anymore , also put in a fog light switch and harness I've had laying around forever

Smileyshaun

Observer
one thing i love about the barn doors is it usually blocks the wind but obviously not the rain . my solution, 7$ tent from the thrift store . used the rain fly and two poles , takes 3 mins to put up and after I sew a couple more straps to and add another pole to sit between the doors it it should tighten up a lot more .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles