Camp Chef Mountaineer Stove

RagnarD

Adventurer
Was looking around on Amazon for a Partner 22" stove and saw this.

71bfSSj5ZhL._SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N7YG8UE/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IMJ5AK5554ZUP&colid=192V8XXFEEQM4&psc=0

Anyone have one? Comments?

I have a 3 burner camp chef stove in my outdoor kitchen at home and have been pleased with this. Was planning on a Partner but $200 vs $330 is tempting.

ripperj

Explorer
I read a review online somewhere ( may even have been a Expo article on stoves) and it wasn’t that favorable, sharp edges and lousy welds, I would spend the extra 100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

alia176

Explorer
You know what, this stove came up on a REI garage sale and for less than half of retail, it *might* be worth the purchase then modifying to work better. I contemplated it when my 11yo daughter yells at me across the parking lot where the garage sale was taking place: "DAD, YOU HAVE FIVE COLEMAN STOVES ALREADY, KEEP WALKING".....sigh.......I love that little mouth breather of mine.

hoser

Explorer
The dimensions make it less than optimal for me but I do like the Piezo igniter.

Mountaineer:
Closed Dimensions: 25.25" x 13.75 " x 5.25"

Cook Partner 22"
Width: 22”
Length: 12”
Height: 3 ¾” (closed)

highdesertranger

Adventurer
Camp Chef used to make great heavy duty stuff, used to be made in USA. now they sell made in China stuff. I have some of their old stuff = bullet proof. I also have some of their newer stuff made in China many problems. I had to order a valve from them it took 3 times to get one that worked, when I asked why were they now using Chinese valves the lady said because no company in the US could make them. BS. highdesertranger

dcg141

Adventurer
Now..they only thing I don't really like..****** kind of gas fitting is this?? Usually I run quick couplings to my bulk tank and I don't think there is an adapter to take that to pipe thread.
IMG_0823[1].jpg

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I don't know he official name, but that fitting accepts a 1lb bottle. The nipple on it pushes down the internal check valve. any bottle to bulk tank hose should work. They have them at lots of camp stores.

It is the same fitting as a propane torch head. You could probably find something in the realm of weed burner hoses too.

dcg141

Adventurer
This one does come with a big tank hookup. I use inline quick connects with longer hoses that go back to the tank in my trailer. I have a ACME to pipe thread adapter on the way.

Last edited:

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
Camp Chef used to make great heavy duty stuff, used to be made in USA. now they sell made in China stuff. I have some of their old stuff = bullet proof. I also have some of their newer stuff made in China many problems. I had to order a valve from them it took 3 times to get one that worked, when I asked why were they now using Chinese valves the lady said because no company in the US could make them. BS. highdesertranger

I have to agree with this, as someone who lives where the stores are saturated with their products due to being a local company you can find good deals, but I will not buy their newer stuff. Our Pro 60 was made before they moved production to China and is still going strong more than 10 years later, it has even been dropped down the stairs and once even fell off the trailer when packing up for a weekend, much better welds and steel for sure. We keep kicking around the idea of getting a 3-burner but can't convince ourselves to buy a cheaply made product. I keep my eyes open for an older 3 burner model to show up in the classifieds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles