***SOLD**** 2003 Land Rover Discovery SE-7, fully built for expeditions

RandyC

2003 Land Rover Discovery 2 SE-7 with ACE, locking center differential, and newly rebuilt engine
Vancouver, WA
$13,000

fullsizeoutput_c15.jpg

Interior just detailed after a 1000 mile Owyhee Expedition in which he (yes, it's a boy) preformed flawlessly. This has proven to be a tremendously capable vehicle, whether its narrow, steep, rocky trails of the Mt. Hood National Forrest, or the daily grind of an Oregon/Nevada High Dessert Expedition. No expense has been spared during the build. All recent repairs and maintenance has been done by Columbia Roving in Portland, OR, including the transplant of a newly rebuilt engine 15K miles ago.

EXTERIOR:
color: Vienna Green
Tires: Duratrac 275/70/18, approximate 70%
RhinoRack full length roof rack, includes Jerry can mount, front or rear mount rail
Foxwing awning (optional)
HID driving/fog light
50” curved light bar

LIFT/SUSPENSION:
Air bags deleted, changed to coils with 2” TerraFirma spacers, TerraFirma shocks for a 4-5” lift
TerraFirma steering dampener
TerraFirma heavy duty track rod and drag link assembly
SmittyBuilt on board air, with air ‘tank' reservoir in rock sliders

ARMOR:
TJM steel front bumper
Custom rear steel bumper with swing out for spare tire, jerry can, and Hi Lift
10K SmittyBuilt winch, synthetic rope, Factor 55 link
Custom rock sliders with tree bars, sealed and connected to on board air for reservoir air tank
TerraFirma front and rear differential cover
Aluminum gas tank skip plate

INTERIOR:
professionally detailed
9/10 leather seats, some expected wear, but no tears
10/10 black carpet
Rear jump seats currently removed, but included in sale and in excellent condition
CB mounted to rear of center console connected to Firestick antennae on rear
Dual Band ham 70watt ham radio with APRS with detachable faceplate for remote mounting (optional)
2 Custom built rear storage components for expedition/travel or gear storage
Dual sunroof (both work and do NOT leak)
All available options in good working order…including window actuators and door locks
Inverter in rear compartment

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN:
30K miles on a fully rebuilt 2004 D2 with flanged liners, Crower 50229 cam, new: pistons, pushrods, lifters, front cover, timing set, bearings, ARP head studs. Refinished heads
Locking center differential
Great Basin driveshaft with rotoflex conversion

NEW ITEMS/MAINTENANCE IN THE LAST 18 MONTHS:
Power steering pump and hose kit
Engine Mounts
Thermostat and hose kit
Radiator and all hoses
Radiator expansion tank
Front/Right wheel hub assembly and wheel speed sensor
Rear/Left wheel hub assembly and wheel speed sensor
Accelerometer for ACE
Catalytic converter and Y-pipe
Brake pads/disc replaced , changed to BG Ultra brake fluid
Stainless Steel +2” extended brake lines
Front and rear differential seals
Transfer case fluid replaced
ABS Modulator Shuttle Valve (fix for 3 Amigos)
Crank position sensor

NEEDS ATTENTION:
Headliner is sagging in spots, but not obscuring function or appearance
Just for disclosure, some light pin striping acquired with distinction

fullsizeoutput_cdb.jpgfullsizeoutput_cd7.jpgfullsizeoutput_cd6.jpgfullsizeoutput_cd4.jpgIMG_1469.jpgIMG_2344.jpgIMG_3020.jpgfullsizeoutput_c77.jpg

Last edited:

RandyC

I bought the engine with 15K on the clock, and I added 15K myself. I can easily verify that if you are interested via PM. Let me see if I can find some pics of the storage set-ups. Homemade, but very functional. Ill post them in a bit.
Thanks for the interest!

RandyC

fullsizeoutput_cde.jpg

this one is a simple box configuration with a space on the left large enough for my fridge with a slide out, and enough room for 2 Front Runner boxes on top. The other side is a box big enough for 1 Front Runner box with open space on top for water storage and another Front Runner. The whole system is on 2x6" risers to allow underneath storage...tool case, skittle, flashlights, toiletry kit...

The other is a simple, but sturdy 2 drawer box built from 2x8 inch boards, each drawer is 7" in height. The box is covered in black carpet to match the Disco. I have 3" risers on the bottom to allow for underneath storage of flat items, like an umbrella, or tool roll. can't seem to find a photo...I'll take one and post it.

RandyC

You're very welcome. I look forward to hearing from you. Not sure how PM works on here...so if I miss it, let me know here.

RandyC

PM would be fine...I think it will show in my 'notification' tab.
I'm selling to make room for my next project...going to build a 4x4 van

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles