Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ON the fly adjustable shocks

Default ON the fly adjustable shocks

I love these things in my '95 SR, but some day they will have to be replaced. Does anyone make replacements for them that adjust like the originals. I'm afraid to ask how much.

The most popular thread on the topic http://forum.expeditionportal.com/th...5-on-the-cheap! There are more if you search on google with "montero adjustable shocks".
    1998 Montero with winter/locker package with Old Man Emu springs/torsion bars/shocks, ARB winch bumper, 33x10.50 km2's, aluminum roof rack with ARB awning

I ditched the adjustable for a set of 4600 bilsteins. Have been out on 2 trips with them... They are great!

Four wheel drive parts had a special if you buy 4 shocks.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I really like the adjustable shocks...I use them here and there and they do make a difference in ride depending on the terrain. I don't plan to do any lift on my Gen 2.5...but would be nice if there was a aftermarket option. Though I won't lie..when its time to replace mine, I may debate the cost of replacing them with new OEM adjustable shocks or Bilsteins.
    1998 Mitsubishi Montero *SR* w/ Winter package & Adjustable suspension
    2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport XLS 4WD (Sold)
    2002 Mitsubishi Montero Limited
    1996 Mitsubishi Galant 4G64t 5spd
    1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 1948/2000
    Owner of: Nostalgic JDM
    Facebook: Nostalgic JDM
    Instagram: nostalgic_jdm407

I guess the time has come for me to make the decision Mrgalantguy is talking about. Looks like the OEM's run $300+ each (ouch!) and the 4600 bilstein's are around $500 for a set. Can I get further discussion from you guys on why I should just go with the Bilstein's instead (other than cost?). I like the coolness of the adjustables, but honestly, for the last 4 months that I have owned the Monty, I haven't moved the switch from the middle position. What would be the instances I would "need" the variablity of the adjustables to convince me to pay the extra money?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnblue View Post
    I guess the time has come for me to make the decision Mrgalantguy is talking about. Looks like the OEM's run $300+ each (ouch!) and the 4600 bilstein's are around $500 for a set. Can I get further discussion from you guys on why I should just go with the Bilstein's instead (other than cost?). I like the coolness of the adjustables, but honestly, for the last 4 months that I have owned the Monty, I haven't moved the switch from the middle position. What would be the instances I would "need" the variablity of the adjustables to convince me to pay the extra money?
    You don't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swank Force One View Post
    You don't need them.
    That simplifies everything.

Thanks

So Bilsteins it is.... is there any way to re-pourpose the onboard air compressor? Like make a external air chuck to air back up the tires after I let the air out? Also, any idea of who may have them in stock, to ship out today?
    Last edited by mtnblue; 12-29-2017 at 05:51 PM.

The onboard compressor isn't for the shocks, it's for the rear locker. It's not high volume, so you won't want to try to use it for anything.

Try Adventure Driven Design for the shocks.

Yeah, Duh on the air compressor.... (the shocks are electronic) ...Thanks Swank.... Apparently ADD isn't around today.... I guess I have to wait until next week. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast