Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isuzu NPS 4x4 Crew cab Build

Default Isuzu NPS 4x4 Crew cab Build

Ok so I've picked up my 2017 NPS what a beast it turned out to be , I had the team at All Terrain Warriors to do the usual mods .

Parabolic springs
    Single wheel conversion
    Front and rear winches
    Tow Bar
    Front dif lock
    Bull bar and some other odd and ends .

The service at ATW was first class no corner cutting or beating around the bush from the minute i contacted them they were professional and friendly .
    Nick picked me up from the airport and we had a pleasurably drive back to ATW place of where dreams come true .

Once we got through the delivery process I was eager to get on the road for the drive back to Sydney . I did it over two days as i had already pre booked accommodation in Coffs Harbor had i known the parabolic suspension was so plush i would have headed straight home .

So now I've started the body build . Im at paint stage now and hope to have it done by this weekend .
    I have already started the interior mods with sound and heat proofing and a UHF radio install .
    Ultimately my plan is to build a slide on camper .
    but first things first body needs finishing .

Id like to thank Jon , Chris and Nick from All Terrain Warriors for such great service .

Very nice and shiny!! If the Isuzu is anything like the Canter then the sound proofing your doing is worth the time and effort it certainly was in mine. Will keep an eye out on your progress, but with that workshop it'll make your life easier.
    Dave

Wow what a well prepared chassis to start your build from!

This is going to be a good'n!

Looking forward to following it on the forum.
    Last edited by Family Friendly 4x4; 12-12-2017 at 02:50 PM.
    2015 Fuso FG6-136 LWB for work
    and
    2017 Fuso FG6-136 LWB for play
    Also own:
    1953 Chevrolet 210 4-door model
    and a whole bunch of other cars & trucks for work and play including 2x AMG Mercs, 1x Merc Vito, more Fusos of different denomination, a 2016 Suzuki Jimny and a road legal electric golf cart.

Boldly going where everyone else has already been!

Very nice
    A page thats all about Clydes evolution and adventures.
    https://www.facebook.com/fuso4x4/

After paint il be fitting spring mounts between the classis and the body to allow for flex for when off road , once that's completed it's going to be time for fresh water tanks and grey water tank . I plan to make them from Stainless steel , that's unless anyone has had any bad experiences with cracking and can advise otherwise . I plan to have 200L + of fresh water and 100 of grey .

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 Truck View Post
    I plan to make them from Stainless steel , that's unless anyone has had any bad experiences with cracking and can advise otherwise . I plan to have 200L + of fresh water and 100 of grey .
    I have both bad and some lucky experience with my steel tank (105L). As you can see from the picture it is placed within subframe and also within its own angle frame all around. I managed to crack somewhere along the welding joints when filling water at high pressure and forgot to open the breather fully. There was sickening bang and noticed water started leaking underneath (later calculated at the rate of 1L per hr). Couldn't pinpoint the leak as it is not possible to see the welding joints anymore. While I was planning the next step how to fix it, luckily the leak stopped after about a week. I am assuming the steel putty that was on the welding must have plugged the leak (or just a wishful thinking). Now 3-4 month and few trips on corrugated road later, water is still not leaking at all. If I am given a chance again, I would make a design and place the tank where it is easy to repair from underneath, just in case. Hope this episode will help you to decide the tank design and placement.
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FoxRoo - Current project, 2003 Canter FG649C SWB Camper
    http://www.expeditionportal.com/foru...er-Truck-Build
    Photos from Simpson Desert Trip: http://gigglepedia.com/p/portalg.asp?g=Simpson-Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Bris31 View Post
    Hope this episode will help you to decide the tank design and placement.
    Where the tank is located will dictate how it should be mounted, as you may need to make accommodations for chassis flex.
    My attempt to build something to go somewhere else...
    Canter4x4.com

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4 Truck View Post
    After paint il be fitting spring mounts between the classis and the body to allow for flex for when off road , once that's completed it's going to be time for fresh water tanks and grey water tank . I plan to make them from Stainless steel , that's unless anyone has had any bad experiences with cracking and can advise otherwise . I plan to have 200L + of fresh water and 100 of grey .
    Is that a short wheelbase NPR?

What is the length of the body frame you mounted?

I have an aluminum tank that cracked on the seams on washboards... I added aluminum angle iron welded to all the seams and now it has held... for a brush fire truck...

I have two tanks, a plastic RV one and a stainless steel . I have never had a problem with the plastic item. However the same cannot be said for the stainless tank. So far it has cracked twice along the seams, and also cracked in a spot where one of the inner baffle was tacked. I very much regret going syainless. If you are really set on the idea then my advice would be, make sure you have good amount of inner baffling and welded in well.
    A page thats all about Clydes evolution and adventures.
    https://www.facebook.com/fuso4x4/

I have diy plastic welded polypropylene. I'm a retired metallurgist.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast