WTB jeep transfercase lowering kit

ryanhewitt

Adventurer
Looking for a used transfercase lowering kit for my 2001 jeep TJ. I'm going to install a SYE kit, but don't know when and would still like to drive my jeep.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Superduty

Adventurer
Looking for a used transfercase lowering kit for my 2001 jeep TJ. I'm going to install a SYE kit, but don't know when and would still like to drive my jeep.

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Why do you need to lower the transfer case?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Grenadiers

Adventurer
I recently installed and Atlas II transfer case in my 2004 Unlimited. I have a belly-up pan, and with the Atlas you have to beat on the undercarriage of a TJ to get it to fit if you 'clock' the T-case. However, I ended up not beating on it enough, and had to lower the pan. I went to Home Depot and bought a one inch by four foot square tube, drilled some holes, and lowered the pan. Lining up the spots to drill was the hardest part. I had a SYE kit on the NP231 stock t-case, and didn't require lowering it.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
This is the kit you want. http://www.jbconversions.com/products/sye/np231j_short_sye.php
It lets you run a longer drive shaft so depending on lift you may not even need a drop kit. Or do both and have it all. China SLE kits do not heat treat the parts like JB does. JB invented it and still make the best stuff. Find a local drive shaft shop that can deliver 100% Spicer components to build you a shaft. No Neapco parts. Most local shops take pride building great shafts for custom rigs if you ask. You will spend an extra hundred on the right stuff but it will be twice as smooth and bulletproof for 100k miles or more.

Superduty

Adventurer
Is the idea to lower the transfer case so he doesn't have to lengthen the driveshaft after the sye kit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles