1996 Lexus LX450

ssdaniels

Hello, I am looking at a 1996 Lexus LX450 for sale on craigslist for $4900. This would be my first vehicle of the Land Cruiser Family and was curious if any of you had any tips on what to look for in this vehicle. The ad is as follows: "1996 Lexus LX 450 SUV Same as Toyota Land Cruiser But More Better (Luxury) Famous In-line 6 Engine With Low Miles, 4WD , Automatic, All Power Options, 6-Disc Cd Player, Leather Seats, Sun Roof, Power Seats, Roof Racks, Alloy Rims, Side Steps, 7-Passengers, It's Super Comfortable & Fun To Drive, It's Bone Stock, Never Been Abused , Family Owned , Clean Title, Non Smoker, Runs Excellent It's Very Clean, Has New Belts, New Hoses, New Battery"

The pictures show that it is very clean and appears well taken care of. My plan would be to over time lightly modify it for some minor off road travel (nothing too crazy just to get away from more crowded areas)

Im just looking for some input on these vehicles and any possible questions to ask the seller. Any help would be greatly appreciated. And of course if I end up getting it I will document its travels on here!

CSG

Explorer
Check out Slee's website for advice on what to look for. As to modding it, try it out first. These vehicles are far more capable stock than some would give them credit for. A stock LC or LX will get you far from the "more crowded areas".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles