Any photos of a grey Baroud Tent?

M3K4N

Hi everyone,

I am trying to see how well a James Baroud roof top tent in grey will match against my Anvil Jeep Wrangler.

Unfortunately I live in Japan where there are no dealers and no Baroud tents anywhere so I can't actually see them in person. There's hardly any pictures on the official Baroud websites and a web search for grey Baroud tents turns up only a few samples.

At first I was just going to go with black as I thought it would be the safest bet, but after a little bit of digging around, I got the feeling that the grey Baroud uses on their tents is very close to Jeep Wrangler's Anvil colour. (Anvil is a grey with a blueish tint in it). If you search for 'Anvil Jeep', you can see thousands of samples.

I wonder if there is anyone on these forums that has a grey version and would be willing to post any pictures they have of it? The best pictures would be in natural daylight without any filters or colour treatment, rather than at sunset or sunrise. Of course, if you are an Anvil coloured Jeep owner with a grey Baroud, I would especially love to hear from you!!

Or if you know of any links to catalogs or images that show the grey tents clearly that would also be very helpful because I have to make my decision soon!

Many thanks!

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Hey, my calling. I've got an 2014 Anvil JKU with a grey JB Explorer, the JB is a bit lighter than the anvil.

I did buy the JB used, @Rino do you think mine is faded at all? Not sure if new JBs are darker.

Here's some photos of it with no filter:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV-FLM0D5Oq/?taken-by=jjohnson1892
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZuPkqUllTp/?taken-by=jjohnson1892
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZrDMMvFLj2/?taken-by=jjohnson1892

I can send more along if you want specific close ups or anything.

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
Hey, my calling. I've got an 2014 Anvil JKU with a grey JB Explorer, the JB is a bit lighter than the anvil.

I did buy the JB used, @Rino do you think mine is faded at all? Not sure if new JBs are darker.

Here's some photos of it with no filter:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV-FLM0D5Oq/?taken-by=jjohnson1892
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZuPkqUllTp/?taken-by=jjohnson1892
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZrDMMvFLj2/?taken-by=jjohnson1892

I can send more along if you want specific close ups or anything.

Yeah a bit, the new ones are more of a "normal" gray like this.

YKb2gQr.png

M3K4N

So incredibly helpful - thanks so much. I was wondering why I was seeing two greys when searching and now here's the answer. Baroud should be paying you for all your hard work!!

M3K4N

Awesome Rig! Thanks for all the photos - they're very helpful. It seems as though Baroud has changed the grey colour unfortunately so it doesn't match as well to Anvils as yours does. I'll probably go with black now!

May I ask, how do you like your Explorer after using it for a couple of years?

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Awesome Rig! Thanks for all the photos - they're very helpful. It seems as though Baroud has changed the grey colour unfortunately so it doesn't match as well to Anvils as yours does. I'll probably go with black now!

May I ask, how do you like your Explorer after using it for a couple of years?

I'd go with black, but supposedly they can get a bit hot when they're out in the sun all day. I love the Explorer, the 360 windows offer great airflow and views when I'm set up, and it's been a perfect size for me so far. I've only had it since early 2017, but it's been fantastic using it this year and makes camp set up / takedown so much easier. Really fits the JKU nicely.

M3K4N

I'd go with black, but supposedly they can get a bit hot when they're out in the sun all day. I love the Explorer, the 360 windows offer great airflow and views when I'm set up, and it's been a perfect size for me so far. I've only had it since early 2017, but it's been fantastic using it this year and makes camp set up / takedown so much easier. Really fits the JKU nicely.

Thanks again for the reply. You'd go with the black because... the color has faded on the grey one or for another reason?

Can I ask also, how are you finding the reduction in headroom where the storage space is located towards the rear? I think it drops 4 inches or so? I'm really torn between the Evasion and Explorer for the merits both have. I'm wondering whether I'll regret the reduction in headroom or not having the extra space on top the tent....

All this is very helpful for me as I have no opportunity to see one for myself in person before actually purchasing.

jjohnson1892

Adventurer
Thanks again for the reply. You'd go with the black because... the color has faded on the grey one or for another reason?

Can I ask also, how are you finding the reduction in headroom where the storage space is located towards the rear? I think it drops 4 inches or so? I'm really torn between the Evasion and Explorer for the merits both have. I'm wondering whether I'll regret the reduction in headroom or not having the extra space on top the tent....

All this is very helpful for me as I have no opportunity to see one for myself in person before actually purchasing.

I actually don't mind it at all, I end up sleeping with my head down that way so I can look out the MASSIVE windows in the front. If you're concerned I'd go with an Evasion, but I have found the storage useful (especially for any wet items I don't want in the Jeep).

I'd go with black over grey since it may be tough to color match, I don't mind multiple grey colors on mine but some people are picky.

aaen

Adventurer
Late reply, but here is a JB RTT in grey. I love the colour, black I figured would be too hot, white I didn't;t think would look good to me. Not that looks matter but lets be honest if we are buying something that costs this much, they play a part. Anyways Grey was the goldilocks colour for me.

orig.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles