Expedition Camper super single wheels

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
jefe here. I have a pair of brand new custom made Stockton Wheel, super single wheels that need a home. 16x10 wide; 8 on 6-1/2 inch lug centric pattern (used by both GM and Dodge on their 2 and 3 series pickups); 6-1/4 inch stock back spacing to keep the track as narrow as possible for those rocky jeep trails, but still have the possibility to deflate down to Dune pressure with taller sidewalls; 1/2 inch steel plate center hubs inside H.D., DOT approved rims with no cut outs. These have a stupid high load rating. White powder coated. My tire guy said these were the truest and best balanced wheels he'd ever seen for a pickup. If you have an older II generation Dodge or GM truck these will help make the rear end of your TC carry the load through thick or thin. I had these made with the stock back spacing (6-1/4 inches) for the front end of my 2001 Dodge 2500, but alas, they would not clear the disc brakes on the front. On the rear: yes. $150 each. That's about 1/2 of what I paid for them. They are a specialty item that are unavailable anywhere else. I'm running the sisters of these wheels on the rear of my Dodge, running wide, 35 inch tires, and simply love them. It is refreshing to have a TC item that is way over built and not just barely making the grade like every other aftermarket wheel. I posted this on 'parts' on here, but I've never been there before so figure there is not much traffic. Here's a view from my drop box: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h91jh5yszyhngys/DSCN0643.jpg?dl=0
The best bet is to try them on your rig before you buy them, so I live near Nevada City, CA, off hwy 80, about half way between Sacramento and Reno, and yes, I will negotiate. PM me if you have any interest.
jeff reynolds, aka 'jefe 4x4'

Last edited:

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Weiss,
They are intended for a 3500 series, single rear wheel application on Gen II Dodge/Ram or similar age Chevy/GM. Most of the aftermarket, high load rated wheels, push the offset farther outward of the axle diminishing the back spacing from 6.25 inches to 3.5 to 4.5 inches. My goal in having these made was to keep the track as narrow as possible for running on jeep trails, but still have the 10 inch wide, bead to bead wheel to have some latitude in deflating down to sand running pressure. If you have a 1999-2002 Dodge or GM DRW truck, they will fit but those hips will appear extra wide and wrong.
regards, as always, jefe

Last edited:

Mundo4x4Casa

West slope, N. Ser. Nev.
Aarons,
How high is the load rating? Stockton Wheels are hand made and MIG welded on old tech machines. I don't think there has been any scientific testing of these wheels. The rims are the thickest H.D. DOT approved rims I've seen, reminding me of the 5 series truck wheel thickness, but without the 'useless on sand', "19.5" cross section. The center hubs are 1/2 inch plate hubs welded to the rims with no holes or cut outs. I asked the guy running the place if he had ever had any of these so called, "Power Wagon" wheels fail, and he said, "No". I've been working with special wheels for decades on all kinds of 4WD's, and these easily are the most H.D. of the bunch. They are also heavy. If one is looking for jazzy looking, cast aluminum wheels with a tiny B.S., set way out on the spindle to chew up your wheel bearings, these are the wrong choice. If had to guess where the load rating on these gets iffy, I would put it at 5000 pounds per wheel. This is a guess with no empirical evidence. The important issue with these wheels is fitment. They are designed for trucks that originally had 16 inch wheels and fit over the brakes. They fit over my 2001 rear disc brakes. I don't think they will fit on trucks originally with 17 or 18 inch wheels.
The final result in searching for steel wheels was to use the Dodge steel wheels used on the 1999-2002, 2 and 3 series SRW trucks as the spare wheel, on the front axle (16x7.5 inch) and a pair of Stockton Wheels (16x10) on the rear axle with 3860 pound rated 315x75R16 (35 inch) AT3's all around. I don't get close to 7720 pounds on the rear 35 spline Dana 80. They have been splendid. My original bill for the 4 wheels was over $1200.
regards, jefe

weissbrewer

Observer
sorry i have a gen four I want to convert and Rickson was supposed to ship my wheels on 11/30 but still waiting for them to be made..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles