Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My 2011' Airstream Avenue - Chevy Express Van - Locked & Lifted

Awesome RV! I can't wait to see how you enjoy that suspension!

Did you have any rubbing with the 285/75Rx16? Was any trimming necessary?

BTW, I have a similar project to yours. A 1999 Roadtrek 200 and I'm going to pick up my own Weldtec suspension on Friday. Thanks Santa!
    Currently building Gandalf (1998 Roadtrek Versatile 200 2WD)

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Mobile View Post
    Awesome RV! I can't wait to see how you enjoy that suspension!

Did you have any rubbing with the 285/75Rx16? Was any trimming necessary?

BTW, I have a similar project to yours. A 1999 Roadtrek 200 and I'm going to pick up my own Weldtec suspension on Friday. Thanks Santa!
    Thanks, no rubbing at this time, but only city driving so far, my 4wd shop had to trim the fiberglass body cladding at the front fender well but you really can't tell by looking at it. You're going to love the lift on your RT!
    Last edited by GpnAZ; 12-21-2017 at 02:44 AM.
    Mark
    2017' Ram 3500 DRW Megacab, Cummins with Aisin transmission
    2016' Arctic Fox 811
    2011' Airstream Avenue
    2017' Jeep JKU Rubicon
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
    www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross

Quote Originally Posted by GpnAZ View Post
    Thanks, no rubbing at this time, but only city driving so far, my 4wd shop had to trim the fiberglass body cladding at the front fender well but you really can't tell by looking at it.
    Thanks! Would you mind taking a picture of where it was trimmed? Sorry for the trouble but it will really help me determine if I'm going with 265 or 285 in a couple of months... I still can't decide! Ha ha!

You're going to love the lift on your RT!
    I know I will! I can't wait. I got all the parts, just waiting on installation by a shop during the winter.

looking good! thanks for the pictures!

I was and still am debating converting ours to 4x4, a ck3500 frame with components could be had for quite cheap, but its a lot of work. I have been driving our van to go to work and back and to the ski hill, in our Ottawa winters never got stuck once..

I think the air locker and if you wanted to be safe a winch would make sure you never get stuck, the 4x4 sure sounds like a nice luxury that id also like to have, not sure i can justify it.

love the lift and tire size!

[QUOTE=Mat Mobile;2413165]Thanks! Would you mind taking a picture of where it was trimmed? Sorry for the trouble but it will really help me determine if I'm going with 265 or 285 in a couple of months... I still can't decide! Ha ha!

wheelwell pic.jpg

They trimmed about 1.5" off the fiberglass cladding on the wheelwell, it is only about 1.5" wide now but looks good. My 285 tires were only 32.56" tall in diameter but they look good proportional to the lift. I really like the Cooper Discoverer AT3 tire, it looks good and drives nice!
    Mark
    2017' Ram 3500 DRW Megacab, Cummins with Aisin transmission
    2016' Arctic Fox 811
    2011' Airstream Avenue
    2017' Jeep JKU Rubicon
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnaz
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/gpnusa
    www.flickr.com/photos/his_cross

wheelwell pic.jpg

They trimmed about 1.5" off the fiberglass cladding on the wheelwell, it is only about 1.5" wide now but looks good. My 285 tires were only 32.56" tall in diameter but they look good proportional to the lift. I really like the Cooper Discoverer AT3 tire, it looks good and drives nice!
    Thank you very much GpnAZ! I appreciate it. It pretty much confirms that I should be good to go with 285s on mine too.

We always love great threads like this getting your feedback and pics.
    It looks great! it was a pleasure meeting you and thank you very much for the post. We cant wait to see some pics of your van off road along with your feedback on how it performs. You can have a lot of fun with a 2 wheel drive set up like yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat Mobile View Post
    Thank you very much GpnAZ! I appreciate it. It pretty much confirms that I should be good to go with 285s on mine too.
    Mat, keep in mind he did the coil spacers and you did not.....?

If you're considering gearing, I changed mine from 3.42 to 3.73 when I changed my tires out for 285/70R17's. Mineruns 1900rpm at 75mph and returns 14mpg on the highway. Mine has the 6.0 engine.

Good call on the Coopers, I have them too. Great on the highway and grippy in the dirt. I only got stuck once and winched out.

Speaking of, I recommend a winch. Cheaper than 4x4 and good insurance.

What locker did you go with? I have the full old-school Eaton Detroit Locker. It's worth every penny.

Sorry GpnAZ if I'm gently hijacking your thread. It's just there's lots of good info here!

Quote Originally Posted by Weldtec Designs View Post
    Mat, keep in mind he did the coil spacers and you did not.....?
    Thanks Jeremy! Per our conversation, I was planning on putting taller springs instead. What I was really curious about was where the trimming was done since I have similar skirts on my van.

Speaking of, I recommend a winch. Cheaper than 4x4 and good insurance.

What locker did you go with? I have the full old-school Eaton Detroit Locker. It's worth every penny.
    That's my thinking too. Thanks for the feedback on the Locker wantahertzdonut. I am also curious as to what locker you had installed GpnAZ.

After it was up and running and the test drive showed a brake sensor /abs sensor light we decided we would have to buy a Bully Dog tuner to dial the new tire diameter and gear ratio in.
    Hi Mark - I just finished the lift on my van and have the service stabilitrak/ABS warning lights as well. I'm guessing it's due to disconnecting the lines without having the battery disconnected so it's throwing a code. Did you get yours corrected? If so can it just be cleared with a regular computer like Autozone has? I seen some reference on the web to manually resetting but haven't seen the actual procedure. Also curious if you did the Bully tuner and how that worked out. I'll be going up in tire size this week and will want to have speedo correction capability.

Thanks,
    Devin
    2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500HD CCSB 4X4 6.0L Quadrasteer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast