Dice...... The 1978 Jeep Wagoneer

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Got to love the period correct farkles! :victory:

Another one of my favorites is the US map window sticker, where the kids colored in each state as they went.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Got to love the period correct farkles! :victory:

Another one of my favorites is the US map window sticker, where the kids colored in each state as they went.
Thanks Scott! I like that map idea!

I had the cassette version of that Super Tuner under the dash of my '73 VW bus.

WOW
Those things were SWEET!

Anyway........ I came to the conclusion that finding a decent 8-Track Pioneer Super Tuner anytime soon would be like finding a Unicorn..... ridden by a Leprechaun..... being led by Sasquatch.....

I did happen to score a New In Box 1973 Boman "AstroSonix" 8-Track Player on EBAY!
Never heard of the brand..... but NIB can't be all that bad..... give me something to listen to while I search for the Sasquatch/Unicorn/Leprechaun combo.....

Also bought a handful of "tested" tapes..... can't really remember...... typical 70s stuff..... enough to get me started...... while I expand my library..... Is Columbia House still around?
I do remember that one was the Eagles - Hotel California..... I could listen to that one alone the rest of my life!.....

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Doobie Brothers Toulouse St. is another good one.
https://www.ebay.com/i/323014790185?chn=ps\

I put a similar player in my Dad's work truck, back in the '70s. We spent our summers, and weekends working together. Listened to a lot of music from that truck. :)

Just checked eBay. There are a lot of 8 track tapes still available:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2386202.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.X8Track+tapes.TRS0&_nkw=8Track+tapes&_sacat=0
That is a good one Scott..... just bought it!
I remember family trips...... holding the HUGE box of tapes on my lap..... my turn to pick the next one!...... Great memories!
From what I've seen on EBAY..... there doesn't seem to be a shortage of tapes available!

Dennis, Dice is lookin sharp!
Thanks Colby!
Dice will be in the booth at OVEX West..... please make sure you stop by!

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I'm not saying you NEED this 8 Track walkman, but you do. You really do. :sombrero:
a51bc604b6e6547e3b414b5afa91778f--speakers-portable.jpg

DGarman

What could go wrong?
I'm not saying you NEED this 8 Track walkman, but you do. You really do. :sombrero:
a51bc604b6e6547e3b414b5afa91778f--speakers-portable.jpg

Haha! That would be cool to have!...... Hmmmmm.....

Actually, I've been thinking about doing something with an ammo can..... 2 speakers..... small Lithuanian battery..... 8-Track player..... self-contained..... able to provide Hi-Fidelity tunes in Dice...... or by the campfire.....
Of course..... it would need some tacky, yet unrefined, leather accents.....

JSwanson

Observer
Just stumbled on your build and i love it. Dice is older than me and looks to be in better shape to. I just started looking at grand wagoneers for a future ride. Keep it up, enjoying the progress.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Just stumbled on your build and i love it. Dice is older than me and looks to be in better shape to. I just started looking at grand wagoneers for a future ride. Keep it up, enjoying the progress.

Thanks! Glad you're enjoying it!
Dice is a nice specimen for a 40 year old truck..... If you're willing to travel for a GW, still some nice ones out West.....

DGarman

What could go wrong?
Not really a heavy duty mechanical install...... but some necessary farkles.....

Call it a hunch....... but I was thinking the passenger side mirror wasn't working as good as it could.....

Z & M Jeeps had some good looking mirrors for FSJs..... real metal..... not chromed plastic..... these are some quality pieces.....
http://stores.zmjeeps.com/side-mirror-on-door-small-square-manual-l-r-fsj/

Had to drill 2 new holes for each mirror..... but the base still covered up all the uglyness underneath.....
Now that's a good looking mirror!..... they mount on either side also....

I'm thinking the new passenger side mirror will work much better than the old one.....

lookin good dennis, love the chrome mirrors, that have glass on them!

i got myself some new wheels this week too. not much to build thread, but I've already swapped some things around.

2018, JK wrangler, 2 door, stripped bare bones basic..... only options are AC and hard top. already swapped on a set of sport 17" alloys(picked 5 up for $100) and a set of cooper discover AT3's in 265 70-17. also put a 3/4 spacer on top of the front springs.

next week it gets 4.11 gears front and rear, and a powertrax grip pro in the rear.

IMG_0013-L.jpg

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Not really a heavy duty mechanical install...... but some necessary farkles.....

Call it a hunch....... but I was thinking the passenger side mirror wasn't working as good as it could.....

Z & M Jeeps had some good looking mirrors for FSJs..... real metal..... not chromed plastic..... these are some quality pieces.....
http://stores.zmjeeps.com/side-mirror-on-door-small-square-manual-l-r-fsj/

Had to drill 2 new holes for each mirror..... but the base still covered up all the uglyness underneath.....
Now that's a good looking mirror!..... they mount on either side also....

I'm thinking the new passenger side mirror will work much better than the old one.....

Looking good! Real metal is always best. That way the hot desert sun doesn't turn it to brittle ****! Also, I left 1 photo in my quote just to make sure this build thread stays improper and incongruous.

DGarman

What could go wrong?
lookin good dennis, love the chrome mirrors, that have glass on them!

i got myself some new wheels this week too. not much to build thread, but I've already swapped some things around.

2018, JK wrangler, 2 door, stripped bare bones basic..... only options are AC and hard top. already swapped on a set of sport 17" alloys(picked 5 up for $100) and a set of cooper discover AT3's in 265 70-17. also put a 3/4 spacer on top of the front springs.

next week it gets 4.11 gears front and rear, and a powertrax grip pro in the rear.

IMG_0013-L.jpg
Very Cool Colby! Looking bforward to seeing it in person!

Looking good! Real metal is always best. That way the hot desert sun doesn't turn it to brittle ****! Also, I left 1 photo in my quote just to make sure this build thread stays improper and incongruous.
Thanks Tim!....... you are so considerate!

Beautiful!
Thanks Funrover!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles