Subaru Forest Questions

paroxysym

Adventurer
Yup! No big plans for the subie. Just using it a ton! I've been traveling all over for mountain biking.

I'm just about to put the XJ on the market

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice, im curious A) what youll be selling yours B)what the markets like for an XJ on the east coast as im right up the road in Baltimore lol

MudderNutter

Adventurer
nice, im curious A) what youll be selling yours B)what the markets like for an XJ on the east coast as im right up the road in Baltimore lol

The market is pretty good down here in NC! I’ll be posting mine for 5500 on craigslist, and then I’ll see what happens. I have a buddy that has sold two between 4-5k, and mine is a bit nicer.

Itsavanman

Adventurer
I have beat the snot out of my 12 (2.5x non turbo) for 3 years now, I take it off road, its lifted, and i tow 3k with it only upgrade is rear springs to handle weight. my advice if you want to offroad it or work it, get an automatic.. or upgrade the clutch. factory clutch sucks! it will start stinking after almost no slipping to creep over obstacles, also moving trailers (backing in etc) will also make it stink quickly. a low range conversion can help this but expect to spend some money to do it (1-2k) I've logged about 60k on mine and had to replace the throwout bearing last year.. other than that its been problem free.. and I love it, the 5 speed is great all other times.

Theprofessional

Silent Footfalls
I second that. If you want a stick upgrade to a stage-1 clutch right away. Even with a stickier clutch if you're giving it some gas on a steep hill the engine won't stall. In my experience it's always been the clutch that fails on steep climbs/obstacles. Then engine has more than enough torque if you're willing to sacrifice the clutch.

paroxysym

Adventurer
welp sold the XJ going on 3 weeks ago for $5700, 5hrs later I was a owner of a brand new one of these. love it. mods are going to be real light on this- lights, floor mats and a JDM grille. just keeping it basic, love it so far.

Attachments

• car1.jpg
    car1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 25

intothewild

Adventurer
Our 14 Forester has 80k miles and is on it's THIRD short block! First one developed a knock, dealer replaced it, second one started knocking withing 1500 miles...Third and current engine at least doesn't knock but it still consumes oil on long trips. I really want to like Subaru, but I'm getting annoyed with it at this point.

intothewild

Adventurer
I have beat the snot out of my 12 (2.5x non turbo) for 3 years now, I take it off road, its lifted, and i tow 3k with it only upgrade is rear springs to handle weight. my advice if you want to offroad it or work it, get an automatic.. or upgrade the clutch. factory clutch sucks! it will start stinking after almost no slipping to creep over obstacles, also moving trailers (backing in etc) will also make it stink quickly. a low range conversion can help this but expect to spend some money to do it (1-2k) I've logged about 60k on mine and had to replace the throwout bearing last year.. other than that its been problem free.. and I love it, the 5 speed is great all other times.

Can confirm, ours is a manual as well. Factory clutch is hot garbage for anything off pavement.

MudderNutter

Adventurer
welp sold the XJ going on 3 weeks ago for $5700, 5hrs later I was a owner of a brand new one of these. love it. mods are going to be real light on this- lights, floor mats and a JDM grille. just keeping it basic, love it so far.

You aren’t gonna regret that decision! Looks great

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne