Flying to looking at 09 LX570 tomorrow - told today there is a seat heat issues

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Certainly not the end of the world, but since I have not purchased the car yet, thought I would cast about here:

I think I have found a decent LX 570 - good records, one owner, seemingly good shape from the photos. Sales dude just called and said the passenger seat heater is not working. Everything else seems to be ok. He said they already discounted the car $1K (been there since Sept) and that is that. They will try to do something, but it is too late to take it to a dealer for diagnosis and I do not have a Lexus dealer close, but there is a Toyota dealer here.

Is this a common or well known issue? Should I be leery of anything else? The sale guy has quite the ego and we have clashed almost every time we have spoken. Certainly not the norm for my dealings. Anyway, I am tempted to flush the bastard and just keep looking around as this is a want and not a need, but the car is what I want more than poking him in the eye.

Any 570 owners have seat issues?

Last edited:

CSG

Explorer
My 2002 has never had seat heater issues but the telescope motor for the steering wheel has never worked since I bought the rig 8 years ago. There are a lot of LCs and LXs for sale out there. Why not get one from a person or a dealer who acts like they want your business and have taken care of issues. Our local Toyota dealer services our LX (and is a lot cheaper than a Lexus dealer's service department).

Last edited:

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
My 2002 has never had seat heater issues but the telescope motor for the steering wheel has never worked since I bought the rig 8 years ago. There are a lot of LCs and LXs for sale out there. Why not get one from a person or a dealer who acts like they want your business and have taken care of issues. Our local Toyota dealer services our LX (and is a lot cheaper than a Lexus dealer's service department).

Doing just that. Found a clean looking example at a Lexus dealer. Only concern is rust (see separate thread) but that seems ok. Wish it had the light tan interior, but of the few in my price range, many have been wrecked or are over priced. Need to buy before years end.

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
Lexus service saved my butt! A young lady in the service department called me minutes before her dealership closed and gave me a heads up: Despite a squeaky clean Carfax and copious Lexus records of one owner, the car had a leak in the sunroof causing a short in the wiring harness. Lexus took it in on trade and chose to auction it versus selling it on their used car lot with problems they cannot easily get to the bottom of. Auto connections of Bellevue Washington was fully aware of the problem and tried to hide it as best he could. Sad, because it looks like a cool dealership.

CSG

Explorer
I bought mine direct from a Lexus dealer. It was a trade in on a new one. I would stick to reputable Lexus dealers if I were to buy another.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
That sucks. I hate to say it but it seems there is no shortage of sleazy dealers in the Seattle area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles