Thread: Howlingmoon RTT parts

Default Howlingmoon RTT parts

So one of the stupid little plastic ball sockets for the tent extension broke off today. Anyone know if anyone stocks these or where to get a replacement? I have an email into Sierra Expeditions, but figured I'd as here also.

I believe I recently read that Sierra Expeditions is no longer a HM dealer, and that HM doesn't have any North American dealers anymore, so you'll probably have a hard time sourcing a HM replacement. I'd start looking for a DIY alternative sooner than later.
    Build thread.

I don't overland; I hop between Starbucks in search of the perfect soy milk.

Instagram: @eatsleepwoof

Gotta wonder what the issue is with them. Possibly a business opportunity?

I still haven't broken one of the balls yet, but I have broken a couple of the sockets.

Seems like a good 3D printer project for some one with the skills and machine.
    Gordon

1997 FZJ80 40th and locked
    My FZJ80 Overland Build
    1989 BJ74 Mud Build
    2009 Tacoma W/ 15 FWC Swift

Default HM Parts

Quote Originally Posted by NM-Frontier View Post
    I still haven't broken one of the balls yet, but I have broken a couple of the sockets
    Seems like a good 3D printer project for some one with the skills and machine.
    Iíll buy a set! I just broke a socket this weekend :/

I got a hold of Howlingmoon a few weeks ago. The guy said they have been having a problem with these and had re-designed them. He said the factory was closed for the summer and they would return the 8th and he would ship me out a few. I found a company in So Cal that makes a billet aluminum replacement kit for both sides, but the $250 cost made me chose to wait it out for the parts from South Africa.