Thread: Live Work Wander: A couple traveling North America in a VW Syncro

Default Live Work Wander: A couple traveling North America in a VW Syncro

I'm not affiliated with these two, but I've been a fan for a few months now. They live in the Syncro full time.

Just watched all of the videos, great couple.

great van and some awesome places

Wasn't this van up for sale recently? I remember the the storage and cork map and the ad said you could add pins for your world trip....
    Jay

www.jaycapers.com
    02 DC Tacoma with a Flippac and other stuff
    93 FZJ80 - stock but dual lockers and less than 200k miles

74 FJ40, 91 Hilux, 98 4Runner, 98 Rav4, 02 Conqueror Compact Trailer - All Sold

Yes, they have it listed for sale right now:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifi...php?id=2125106

Good stuff for sure. I find the constant plugs throughout the videos for their website and IG page rather annoying. I'll have to make my way through the remainder of the videos. I hope they continue on with another similar project in life now that the Syncro adventure has come to an end or so I would assume seeing how it is up for sale.
    Last edited by Tex68w; 01-03-2018 at 05:14 AM.

I liked the "season" and the episode length was good. I agree the intro and plugs got old, but binge watching them didn't help. I almost think I saw the moment he realized the van wasn't his future.... Good luck to them!
    Jay

www.jaycapers.com
    02 DC Tacoma with a Flippac and other stuff
    93 FZJ80 - stock but dual lockers and less than 200k miles

74 FJ40, 91 Hilux, 98 4Runner, 98 Rav4, 02 Conqueror Compact Trailer - All Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbike28 View Post
    I liked the "season" and the episode length was good. I agree the intro and plugs got old, but binge watching them didn't help. I almost think I saw the moment he realized the van wasn't his future.... Good luck to them!
    I think it was towards the end of the first season, but most certainly in the latest episode in season 2 when they break down on the dirt road. She is much more level headed under pressure, he freaks out a bit and jumps to conclusions, she most certainly talks him back from the ledge to keep him from losing it lol.

There's no way I could live with a vehicle that has that many issues, nothing is perfect, but those vans are far less reliable than a Toyota or even a domestic. I hope they find their way into another suitable vehicle and continue to travel and live on the road, I'd hate for the van and it's issues to turn them off from that lifestyle show to end with the selling of the van.

It's been a couple of weeks, but the latest episode is up:

It's nice to see a Sprinter out and about with the VWs.

I'd also have trust issues with this van, i lost count how many times it broke down in all the videos.

Still i enjoy watching the vids, id like to see what they build next..

im guessing it'll be a MWB sprinter