Thread: Looking for 4x4 Sprinter DIY Community

Default Looking for 4x4 Sprinter DIY Community

Hey everybody!

I have been thinking about building a Sprinter 4x4 camper. I was thinking how cool it would be if there were a group of people wanting to build them and there could be a collaborative effort to come together to build several at once. Partner up and share in the brain power and heavy lifting. I am a designer so I have a lot of spacial and asthetic experience and have done some cabinetry builds, I have also cut holes in the roof of my vehicles, laied wood flooring and can draw design anything. I also have a friend that can engineer metal parts and so on. I don't have all the right tools but I have quite a bit, but for instance, I don't have a lot of electrical experience, plumbing, solar etc.

Anyone interested in partnering up to build vans for ourselves I would love to meet up for Coffee. I'm in Arizona (Scottsdale/Phoenix).

Maybe this could be a movement and we could get a group together, buy vans in bulk order, etc. Maybe we could layout a plan and a reasonable schedule for weekly meeting to work on them until finished? I bet we could get them done in quick order.

Let me know.
    4XPEDITION Venture out.

Columbus Ohio
    try the van 2wd and 4x4 forum here on expo
    also check out sportsmobile forums
    Current Project
    2003 E350 7.3 Powerstroke Pop-top 4x4 sportsmobile Build YOLANDA...
    Current rig
    2015 ram 1500 Tradesman 4x4 crewcab 6.4box 3.0L ECOdiesel with custom FLIP-BACK
    Build :

SF Bay Area

Default Sprinter Forum

If you don't already know about them, check out the Sprinter-Forum or the Sprinter-Wiki at for general Sprinter info.
    1986 Syncro Westy with Suby 2.2 and big brakes
    It's almost a real car!