Ram EcoDiesel towing questions

Luckychase5

Adventurer
Does anyone in here have an Ecodiesel and has towed with it. I’m not going to be going hard and towing all the time but mainly weekend trips with a camper trailer. I’m torn between the 2500 and 1500. Any advice helps. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoyJ

Adventurer
How much are you looking to tow?

I don't have one, but have ridden in one, and they perform well within their designed capacity. Their hp and torque matches a mid-90's ISB, with a far superior transmission. I personally won't hesitate even with 10,000 lbs (not all the time of course).

wanderer-rrorc

Explorer
yes...I have towed a bobcat on a 16ft job trailer..it wasnt too thrilled but did a good job..

I tow my 14x7 tandem enclosed ALL FREAKING OVER and it DOES like it...even MUCH MORE since the GDE tuner!!

It tows the enclosed empty and fully loaded at about 7500lbs just fine..

14-17mpg..

the Tuner makes a HUGE diffrence to the engine when towing...I usually see 17-19 and have towed fully loaded across ohio PA,MD all the way to the ocean and it was a dream!!

I would hook a car trailer and take a 6000lb vehicle anywhere...

but your gonna want AIRBAGS..the rear springs are SUPER SOFT..which is a nice ride..but my empty enclosed makes her squat...airlift 1000 cost $90 and took about an hour to install both...

nightrider1992

Ecodiesel Grand Cherokee

So I cant comment on the Ram, but the wife has a 15 Grand Cherokee w/ the ecodiesel and I've towed my Tacoma all over the Midwest with it. It'll run all day with my buddies 3/4 ton trucks and her jeep has the auto-leveling airbags, so it levels right out. I own a 07 2500 Ram now and that is in another league when it comes to towing, but as long as you don't plan on going across Colorado, towing 6k lbs, it'll do just fine.

Jason911

Adventurer
Also a Jeep EcoDiesel owner(with 100K on the odometer) and I pull a combined 5200lb fully enclosed trailer/load routinely in the warmer months. With electric brakes you don't know its there. With the GDE tune in it, its fun to have tongue on tap. 19mpg pulling the trailer is easy to attain.

Explorerinil

Observer
Does anyone in here have an Ecodiesel and has towed with it. I'm not going to be going hard and towing all the time but mainly weekend trips with a camper trailer. I'm torn between the 2500 and 1500. Any advice helps. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be fine with a light trailer just get some rear air bags or order one with rear air suspension. I personally would get a 2500, solid front axle, will tow and handle better towing and have higher resale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke