Wedco Pre-CARB spout gaskets -- Where can I find new ones?

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Does anyone know where to get new Filler Nozzle gaskets for Wedco's?

I've been using the nato style Wedco fuel cans for almost ten years now. One of my filler Nozzle gaskets started to dry and crack so it doesn't seal anymore. I think it was from storing on my roof rack in a plastic tube and it just got baked and frozen too many times. I can't find replacement gaskets anywhere. I did find some Wavian gaskets, but they are too thin and don't make a good seal.

The nozzle gasket is different from the can gasket. Those are easy to find.

Last edited:

Cabrito

I come in Peace
Those fit the can, but not the filler spout, and there are tons of them online.

I'll edit my original post to say nozzle..

NatersXJ6

Explorer
You would likely spend less time cutting new ones out of a sheet of gasket material with an X-acto knife than you are searching for them. any industrial supply or NAPA auto should have various thicknesses of gasket material, as well as most decent hardware stores. It just needs to be thick enough and gasoline compatible.

jgaz

Adventurer
I put together this “work around” spout to avoid using the stupid CARB spout that came with my Wavian Jerry can.
I built it initially to make it easier to fill my generator but it works just fine to fuel my 06 Jeep

47C16AC9-9886-4EC2-B62A-FF0D6022F4C9.jpg

I bought a Wedco brand water spout from Expedition Exchange to make the rig shown above. I spoke to a very helpful Gentelman on the phone when I purchased the water spout. He said the spouts are interchangeable between Wavian and Wedco and that the cans are made in the same factory. I believe he was correct because I've had no problem using my blue spout on the Wavian can.

Based on this, if youre able to find a Wavian spout gasket I think it would work. This might help you to broaden your search

Last edited:

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
You would likely spend less time cutting new ones out of a sheet of gasket material with an X-acto knife
Old school solution would be to cut your gasket out of leather, even from an old shoe or purse. Standard practice for cobbling together old British roadsters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles