Front Runner Wolf Pack

chops749

Observer
Anyone using these out in the elements? I'm thinking about using them, but I have a bed rack and RTT, so they will be somewhat exposed to water.

Not waterproof but you can “tape” the areas where water might get in. Front Runner makes a stout bag that holds them, reported to keep out dust but unsure about water. As I get older I prefer the slightly smaller Cub Paks. The slide latches are easier on my fingers and I can’t put as much weight into them...my back thanks me for that! :sombrero:

krick3tt

Adventurer
I keep mine in the FR drawers so they are not exposed to the elements, water is not an issue then. ...also they are opaque and I can't see what is in there without opening them. I would have not put them on the RR for the reason that they are not water tight.
I did get a roof top bag but find that I do not use it now as the configuration of the roof rack elements keeps changing with each trip. I got three of the Cub boxes but only two fit in the right drawer so I gave one away. I got boxes at Costco for the left side and it holds three of them that are transparent so I can see what is in them.
I think a FR box with a transparent top would be a better idea than black.

KYC

Adventurer
I have a box that I've neglected and left outside for at least 3 years. I can tell you that they will survive outside. I'm in socal weather.

But I didn't like the boxes. The latches were sometimes hard to open/close and were not fun accessing in the cold with no gloves.

Jayhat

I have a box that I've neglected and left outside for at least 3 years. I can tell you that they will survive outside. I'm in socal weather.

But I didn't like the boxes. The latches were sometimes hard to open/close and were not fun accessing in the cold with no gloves.

The plastic ones are hard. For $10 they sell replacement metal latches that are very easy to operate. Though they dont stay put quite as well when not latched (lid side).

Outside somewhere

Overland certified public figure brand ambassador
For sure not waterproof but they aren't designed to be however they are lightweight and tough.

dstock

Explorer
The plastic ones are hard. For $10 they sell replacement metal latches that are very easy to operate. Though they dont stay put quite as well when not latched (lid side).

Agreed, they shoot themselves quite nicely across the garage when not latched.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles