2018 JL prices

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've ordered the 2-dr Ruby/w 6-spd/4.10 locker axles/3.6l Pentastar--$36,995-

All the options are $5503 and delivery is $1,195 so total is $43,693---plus TAX/LICENSE and whatever deals my dealer will give me and that will probably be at least two months-

Whatever

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

manderson2228

Built a JL Rubicon 4 door on the Jeep website. V6, auto, steel bumpers, leather, hard top and few other items. 53.5k! I'm hoping Jeep massively increased the quality of the wrangler. My 07 was made of tin.

Thats actually cheaper than i was expecting. I had them around 60k. I have a 2017 sport, and frankly it was over priced. We tow it behind our RV so we needed something you could flat tow but they are overpriced from a value standpoint..

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: I've ordered the 2-dr Ruby/w 6-spd/4.10 locker axles/3.6l Pentastar--$36,995-

All the options are $5503 and delivery is $1,195 so total is $43,693---plus TAX/LICENSE and whatever deals my dealer will give me and that will probably be at least two months-

Whatever

Sweet! Good to see you getting back into a Wrangler. Will be a nice addition to that awesome pickup! :victory:

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Heh Heh, thanx CS, I can't tell you how much I miss my JKUR, the RAM is unbelievable, but-----

It's not a jeep, in more than one way and the redesigned WRANGLER (JL) is a plus result of ALL THE AFTERMKT additions we added to the JK models !

I'll sell the RAM though, My three car garage just isn't big enough to hold a 5th vehicle--

Whatever

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Somebody is going to get one awesome truck!

Yeah, the new JL is definitely a step up, like the JK Rubi was to the LJ.
Each iteration just gets better. Got to love the Jeep engineers for that. :)

BrianV

Observer
They had a JL on display at the San Jose autoshow. Sadly you couldn't get in it only view from a distance.
Should sell like hot cakes, as you would expected seemed like a new TJ/JK.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yeah however, each dealer, in each state can order all they want, but because of "LIMITED" production, ALLOCATION CYCLES are set up for the number of orders that are approved/accepted and setup for production--

This is a real nailbiter for anyone who hasn't order/bought a new limited production vehicle--

I expect acceptance/production and PROBABLE delivery, sometime in March '18--we'll see !

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Jeep has a website to track the build, and shipping progress... at least they did for the JK.
Once the order was accepted and scheduled for a build, the dealer was notified with a number (like a pre-vin build number).
The dealership would notify the customer with that number and a link to the site, if I remember correctly.

It was fun to follow along the build path, then get anxious as it awaited shipping... which seemed like an eternity... lol

Anyway, I hope they do the same thing for the JL, it was pretty cool to follow.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Oh, by the way, my RAM is listed in the "FOR SALE" section-

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do-

I've also got it in a couple of CRAIGS too and AUTO TRADER-

If it doesn't sell---I'll either keepit/tradeit in, or trade garage space-

Life used to be so simple !

Whatever

Tinfish

Observer
A 2-door Rubicon with the options I would prefer is around $40k, which isn't cheap but seems in line with what you are getting for the price.

unkamonkey

Explorer
Never going to happen for me. The price is more than I spent for my house or my 4X4 motorhome. I still have 2 Jeeps and I am into them around $5.000. The first Jeep was $500. Idiotic prices.

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: Yeah, but remember--the BASIC JL Ruby cost--starts at $36,995 + delivery $1195 + tax license #3000 +--so use good judgement on your option choice-

Even the basic soft top is $595--!

Mind your Ps & Qs

Good luck

Mickey Bitsko

Adventurer
Never going to happen for me. The price is more than I spent for my house or my 4X4 motorhome. I still have 2 Jeeps and I am into them around $5.000. The first Jeep was $500. Idiotic prices.
I sold my 66'and 72' years ago, not bashing any body here, like all except electric and self driving vehicles, all do the same thing the first model T did, haul our butts and stuff around, but now you can get two cupholders and a backup camera for outrageous amounts of money.
But, you might be the first on the block to have one.
Giving you bragging rights.
Just an old man's $.02

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader

Wait a few years and get one used with ~50k miles.
Just nicely broken in and you save huge off current prices.

-Dan

XPTom

I bought my last new Jeep in 1999 and I could not get past 18 years of sticker shock. Low end models were not to be found on the lot so I ordered 2017 base JK 6 speed plus factory tow package, A/C, factory half doors manual, 3.73 gears(highest for base model) listed at $27,475...... plus tax title delivery minus dealer discount and I was out the door with keys in hand for $27K ....... nice starter kit plus $30K left in the wallet....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles